INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Question  (Read 9543 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Radio Question
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2007, 05:10:54 am »

This would be ideal.

If you turn radio on, it should seed itself with whatever track (or tracks) are currently in Playing Now.  If nothing is playing, it should use the regular Radio Mode.  One last thing...

I really think you should be able to do a Add to Playing Now which would change to a specified new track, but not disable Radio mode, and use the new track as the new seed.
yes.  :)
it would also be nice if you could use an album as seed, so that it would first play the album and then goes on playing radio using what is in playing now. and i would really like it when i could put on the radio using my remote (via a mcc command).

gappie

Re: Radio Mode Question
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2007, 08:37:13 am »

Radio looks at artist, album, genre, era, rating, and the last played date.  Everything is based on probability so you might also get a more repetitive or more diverse mix based on random chance alone.

this means that intensity and bpm are not used, like you first planned? if so, i was thinking about copying intensity to genre, makes more sense to me then my empty genre fields.  :)

gappie

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2007, 10:26:28 am »

another thing about radio: when playing radio and starting up some image playback (an other zone is created), radio stops after the current playing song is finished.

edit: this does not happen when a dedicated zone is used for image playback.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2007, 11:07:09 am »

Eeerr! I'm really hesitant to post here, as I already feel embarrased to ask ...

What is "seeded" and "unseeded"? ?

Or can someone direct me to a place where I can read about it...?

Please don't ban me from MC forum for asking what I got a feeling is a REAL Stoopid question.  :P

Cosmic

gappie

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2007, 11:26:46 am »

Eeerr! I'm really hesitant to post here, as I already feel embarrased to ask ...

What is "seeded" and "unseeded"? ?

Or can someone direct me to a place where I can read about it...?

Please don't ban me from MC forum for asking what I got a feeling is a REAL Stoopid question.  :P

Cosmic
not stupid.  :)
before, you could choose when rightclicking on a song, play as radio. using that song as a seed for the next songs radio would pick, using genre, artist etc of that song.
or you could just say play radio (as is now) which would 'just start with something', = unseeded.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2007, 11:42:38 am »

Ok! Got it.

Then my reaction would be as usual, to have choices is always good, to be able to Choose "seeded" or "unseeded" , as all are requesting to be re-instated.

Thanks Gappie
Cosmic

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2007, 11:05:58 pm »

Seedy Radio will probably return.

Would it work to build the station off whatever track is currently being played?  Sort of like what Captain Kirk did when they put the Startship Enterprise into Warp Mode?

That would work for me.  Looking at the main 'Player' menu, I see Play Radio, shuffle, and repeat.  Both shuffle and repeat have multiple options.  It doesn't mean the Radio should have 2 options, but if it did I would love to see them be 'Play this time only' and 'Play Always'.

The Play Always option would sit in the background waiting till playing now ended to start playing.  It would hopefully persist across MC startups.  Think of it like the Automatic shuffle option, its only there when needed!

It would also work for seeding, since you could simply just play one song at startup or whenever and it would base it on the last playing song.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2007, 11:26:35 pm »

I've got the ultimate stoopid question.  I found this topic very interesting but, I can't seem to find this "radio" mode.  In my "Player" menu I see Shuffle and Repeat but, nothing like "play radio".  What am I missing?
Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2007, 11:29:36 pm »

I've got the ultimate stoopid question.  I found this topic very interesting but, I can't seem to find this "radio" mode.  In my "Player" menu I see Shuffle and Repeat but, nothing like "play radio".  What am I missing?
Thanks

You need to upgrade to the latest version of the player.  Check the top of this board.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
Re: Radio Mode Question
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2007, 03:56:24 am »

But does radio remember what I've skipped 1 week ago or is it just remembering during 1 play session ?
from JimH...
Just one.  It can't assume you'll be in the same mood next time.  The options let you narrow it down though.

Isn't it possble to add a tick/untick for those whom would like radio to remember their last selection? Or a "save radio setting/memory as..."

I love the radio option now that I've got to know it (and would also still request the seeded back) , but while working for instance I have a certain preference , when I relaxing another and when entertaining another. I think it would be cool to be able to "save radio memory" option. :)

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2007, 07:47:33 am »

I've got the latest MC and there's supposed be the "seeded" option nw, but I can't find it when going to the "Player" drop down menu ...

Am I missing it somewhere , or is radio just automatically "seeded" now?

Also, could MC please respond to my previous question ...
Isn't it possble to add a tick/untick for those whom would like radio to remember their last selection? Or a "save radio setting/memory as..."

I love the radio option now that I've got to know it (and would also still request the seeded back) , but while working for instance I have a certain preference , when I relaxing another and when entertaining another. I think it would be cool to be able to "save radio memory" option.

Thanks
Cosmic

gappie

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2007, 07:52:08 am »

I've got the latest MC and there's supposed be the "seeded" option nw, but I can't find it when going to the "Player" drop down menu ...

Am I missing it somewhere , or is radio just automatically "seeded" now?

Thanks
Cosmic
select a file. than player > play radio and select 'use currently selected files for radio playback'.

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2008, 05:01:17 am »

Is there any way once you do this to not stop the currently playing song when you use the currently selected song for the seed?

I couldn't find an option to do this. I would think that we would just base it off of what you have selected and not restart the playing song from the beginning.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2008, 09:22:44 am »

Question about how it uses ratings:
If I 'skip' a 1 or 2 rated song, does it take the rating in to account as a primary driving factor?  Say for instance I have an artist with 20 tracks in my library and only 5 of those tracks are ones that I would normally want to listen to.  If radio mode serves up a 1 or 2 rated song and I skip it, does that mean that it will avoid other tracks from that same artist/genre even though they are highly rated?

To me:
1 = never listen to (since 0 = unrated).
2 = normally don't want to hear.

Just curious if it would be best to set the radio filter to ignore 1-2 rated tracks all together.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2008, 08:32:23 pm »

I really think you should be able to do a Add to Playing Now which would change to a specified new track, but not disable Radio mode, and use the new track as the new seed.

Just a bump here on this!

It would be nice if there was an always on feature to Radio, i.e. whenever music ends in any situation, Radio always kicks in, and As Glynor suggested just the last track as the seed.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up