INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback problems  (Read 531 times)

phatrabt

Video playback problems
« on: August 13, 2002, 11:42:55 am »

Hi guys, hoping you can help with this one!  I have quite a few movie files of varying sizes and types.  It seems that MJ is having a problem with some of the movie files, mainly asf, wmv and avi.  When MJ launches to play these files, it says buffering and stays there until I close it out as a Non-Responding program.  The files play fine in WMP, no problems at all!  Does anyone know of a program that will analyze the files and tell me if there is something wrong with them?  Any help would be appreciated!

phatrabt

phatrabt

RE:Video playback problems
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2002, 07:22:35 am »

Alright, I've done some more investigating...  it seems that the movies will play fine IF I'm in any window but Playing Now.  I can hear the audio just fine, and MJ is responsive UNTIL I click on playing now.  MJ then freezes and I have to kill it.  As I've stated before, WMP plays these files without a problem, and so does MJ until I go to Playing Now to see the video portion.  

phatrabt

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Video playback problems
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2002, 08:07:51 am »

Try a right click on the display window and set your screen resolution to "desktop resolution".  If that doesn't work, try some lower resolutions (800x600, for example).

Some windows formats can be either audio or video.  We have to guess.  WMP knows.

Make sure you have the latest MJ.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up