INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VIDEO album names  (Read 787 times)

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
VIDEO album names
« on: November 21, 2007, 11:51:00 am »

I am trying out MC12 and am using a restore of a MC11 library to populate.  When I switch to theater view and back to standard, all the album names for the DVDs have been replaced with the Date field.  The original album names are lost.  The only way to retrieve them is to do another restore.  Audio is not effected.  Cause?

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: VIDEO album names
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 12:11:59 pm »

As a followup, I restored from MC11 and played a movie.  All the album names were lost on returning to standard view

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: VIDEO album names
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 05:52:31 am »

As you may have noticed MC fills some default field values when it reads file formats that do not contain metadata in physical file tags. The album value is one of those.

I'd guess that you have the Auto-importer set to monitor the folder and update file info if the file has changed. Maybe the last modification dates of the disk files are newer than what you have in the library. This may also be related specifically to the "DVD video" file type. (Do you have the videos on HD?). As a workaround you could try to change the Auto-Importer settings.

It would be good if JRiver could add a mechanism that would prevent the automatic tag update if the file format cannot contain physical tags.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up