INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppauge 1600  (Read 1958 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Hauppauge 1600
« on: November 22, 2007, 04:55:02 pm »

With MC,  the video skips horribly.  With the WinTV app, it plays fine.  Any idea what the problem is?  I have tried the Primary app with different settings, including overlay.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Hauppauge 1600
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 08:11:55 pm »

Try disabling timeshifting. Also what decoders have you selected? Some perform much, much better than others.

Edit: also, try zooming the image in or out a little ('+'/'-'). Does this make any difference?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

benn600

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 01:32:03 am »

How do you disable time shifting?

Just seems strange because the WinTV software plays TV fine...but that's not weird I know.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 09:23:32 am »

How do you disable time shifting?

Just seems strange because the WinTV software plays TV fine...but that's not weird I know.
Options, Digital TV tab, uncheck "Start digital TV in time-shifting mode".
You do not really disable it. You just do not start it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

benn600

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:46:13 pm »

It is still horribly slow...about 1 frame every 4 seconds.  I'm using the analog signal because digital doesn't seem to work at all.

benn600

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 11:51:01 am »

Sorry.  I did disable the time shifting feature.  Now I let it run through all the digital channels and the digital channels work fine.  They play smoothly and look great.  Unfortunately, one channel does not fill the screen!  It only fills about 60% of the screen and leaves black bars around the entire picture.

And our VHF channels, 2, 7, 9 do not show up at all.  I suppose that is the antenna's fault but it's strange because they used to come in fine when I tried it.

I will have to use a splitter to get the antenna hooked up to analog and digital!  Why?  This seems very strange.  Why can't it have an internal splitter?  I know, most people will only use one--but if our main channels don't show up on digital, I have to use the analog versions.  However, I really want the HD versions for obvious reasons!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 01:45:19 pm »

I will have to use a splitter to get the antenna hooked up to analog and digital!  Why?  This seems very strange.  Why can't it have an internal splitter?  I know, most people will only use one--but if our main channels don't show up on digital, I have to use the analog versions.  However, I really want the HD versions for obvious reasons!

So the device has two input connectors? I suppose it is good for people who wants to receive digital over the air channels as well as analog cable channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up