INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP problems with Roku Soundbridge in latest builds  (Read 2538 times)

eso

• World Citizen
UPnP problems with Roku Soundbridge in latest builds
« on: November 22, 2007, 01:49:56 am »

I just noticed that UPnP playback for Roku clients has been broken in one of the recent builds. Yesterday I upgraded MC on my server (that installation I use only for UPnP) to 375. I don't know the exact previous build there, but if I remember correctly it was 358. Unfortunately I couldn't return to that build because the oldest available beta version is 363 which doesn't work too. Therefore I had to revert to the current release version (329) which works. With the newer builds I can browse the MC server with my two Roku soundbridges (European models from Pinnacle, Radio and HomeMusic) as always, but if I try to play a playlist or a file they show an error message.

In the newer MC versions I can browse and play files from another UPnP device, an Archos 605 Wifi. The MC server options are the default Roku settings. I've also tried several other combinations of the UPnP server options but couldn't find one that works. So far, I had used a Roku with MC for several months without problems.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: UPnP problems with Roku Soundbridge in latest builds
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:58:44 am »

Yes, I can (unfortunately) confirm this. Version 370 works, I'll fix this on monday.

j

)p(

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 01:02:31 am »

Just to confirm that it's not only the Roku. I have the same issue with my Nokia n800. I can browse but when I try to play anything it gives a file incompatibility error on the nokia. The mc12 release version works ok.

peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:52:21 am »

A UPnP problem has been fixed in a beta build and should be available here this week.

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 05:55:16 am »

As mentioned in the corresponding topic build 380 doesn't solve the problem for me. Playback still doesn't work on my Roku Soundbridge. The version number shown in the UPnP server log is 1.0.47.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 11:44:02 am »

Hi eso, it's working for me. Could you make a sniff as described below and e-mail it to me?

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Sharing_Plug-in_Debugging_Hints

Thanks,

j

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 12:24:41 pm »

Hi eso, it's working for me. Could you make a sniff as described below and e-mail it to me?

I'll see if I can find the time to install wireshark but I'm quite busy at the moment. Are you sure that the fix made it into the new build? 380 behaves exactly like 375 (but 329 works without problems).

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 10:37:58 pm »

I have the Soundbridge M1001 and can confirm that MC12 build 380 is not working properly.  I'm getting "Unable to play" messages.  The Roku displays the items from the library properly, but can't play the tracks.  I have had MC12 working with the Roku not too long ago.

If I select the library built with WMP11, I can play the music files fine. (Brief test of a few MP3 tracks.)

evsol

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 02:47:03 am »

I also have a Soundbridge M1001 and can also confirm the issue with build 380...same exact symtoms as BullishDad....if I downgrade to build 370, all is fine again (any of the other intermediate builds yield the same issue), but the same library plays fine with FireFly (My library is composed entirely of flac files)...thanks for looking into this issue.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 08:40:48 am »

I also have a Soundbridge M1001 and can also confirm the issue with build 380...same exact symtoms as BullishDad....if I downgrade to build 370, all is fine again (any of the other intermediate builds yield the same issue), but the same library plays fine with FireFly (My library is composed entirely of flac files)...thanks for looking into this issue.

I wonder if something is out of sync between the current release and my work machine. I'll take a more careful look at this on monday.

Sorry,

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 05:03:17 pm »

I wonder if something is out of sync between the current release and my work machine. I'll take a more careful look at this on monday.

Something's definitely going on - it doesn't work for me at home. I'll fix it monday.

j

)p(

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 02:36:01 am »

Something's definitely going on - it doesn't work for me at home. I'll fix it monday.

j

Most likely the problem with my Nokia n800 is the same issue. Shall I wait with the sniff for my Nokia you asked for in the .380 release thread until you checked this. Or are you still interested in it now?

peter

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 08:45:22 am »

Wait...

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 12:32:45 pm »

My fix was accidentally overwritten. It'll be back in as of build 384 or higher.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up