INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod tracks now showing in my MC library -- why?  (Read 697 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
iPod tracks now showing in my MC library -- why?
« on: December 06, 2007, 11:03:36 am »

I did a full synch of an MC playlist with my iPod -- something I've done a zillion times. (I had a few difficulties, documented in the MC 12.0.380 thread, in case they are a factor in this new problem.)

Now, ALL the tunes on the iPod are appearing in my MC library! For instance, in the Artists view, Genre view, whatever -- all standard MC views.

The iPod is not connected and hasn't been for two days. MC has even been restarted in-between.

It messes up MC because it keeps trying to play the iPod tracks along with the local tracks.

How did this happen, and more important, how do I get all the iPod tracks OUT of my library -- and keep them out?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

SwellGuy

Re: iPod tracks now showing in my MC library -- why?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 11:14:06 am »

Did you import tracks from the removable drive assigned to the iPod? Is that drive letter auto imported?

You can clean it up by deleting the tracks (first sort them by filename).

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod tracks now showing in my MC library -- why?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 11:37:32 am »

Thanks for the response.

No, I don't see how the tracks would have been imported from the iPod. I don't use auto-import, AND I don't have the drive letter of the iPod specified as an import path -- never have. The only import path is my hard drive, never changed.

I figured I could delete the iPod records from the database (the files themselves "aren't found", but with more than 61 thousand tracks, don't want to until sure it won't happen again.

So, the mystery is, how did it happen?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up