INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Price  (Read 1620 times)

Pjotr60

Upgrade Price
« on: August 15, 2007, 02:42:20 am »

There seems to be a problem with the upgrade price. I had Media Jukebox 8 with a license installed on my PC. Upgrading to Media Center 12 left me with a 30 days trial version. If I want to purchase, the price indicated is $39.98 instead of the promised $19.98. What might be wrong?

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrade Price
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 06:09:49 am »

I believe the upgrade price is from people who owned v11.
Their license fee's helped cover costs while developing v11 which then became v12.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 06:33:42 am »

Here's a useful link;

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36064.msg234437#msg234437

Not sure what Pjotr60's problem might be, I believe you must have Media Jukebox 8 installed AND registered at the point where you select to Purchase from MC12.

If that doesn't work, I'm sure a person from J River will chip in and help out.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 06:36:42 am »

Double check your old license (it's an mjr file).  You may be using MJ8 with a version 7 license.  There isn't a special upgrade price from version 7.  There's a lot of info in the FAQ on licenses.  See my signature for the FAQ.

Pjotr60

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 06:42:04 am »

The Administrator himself says that any upgrade to Media Center 12 from Media Jukebox 8 up to Media Center 11, is sold at $19.98. As I told in my first post: Media Jukebox 8 WAS properly installed and licensed before I pushed the upgrade button, but the program sends me to a payment webpage which says "$39.98". I don't know how to go to the "$19.98 page". I already sent JimH (administrator) an email but got no reply.

Pjotr60

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:44:12 am »

Ooops! The Administrator replied quicker than I. Sorry for my lack of patience  :-[
Thanks for the reply: I have indeed a license for the 7 version, that explains it.

itamar

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 11:56:29 am »

1) I have MC 11.1 on XP PC. I purchased a new Vista PC. As I understsand it I need to d/l MC 12 to the new vista machine and upgrade the 11.1 to 12 using the track for updates from within the MC 11 rather than try to purchase from a new d/l of 12. Once I kget that installed I jcan use the same key for the new vista machine - right?

2) With the MC 11 track for updates it identifies update file it says costs $19 odd and then the file d/ls only about 45Kb and then fails - is there another d/l method?

Thanks

Itamar

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 12:04:31 pm »

1) I have MC 11.1 on XP PC. I purchased a new Vista PC. As I understsand it I need to d/l MC 12 to the new vista machine and upgrade the 11.1 to 12 using the track for updates from within the MC 11 rather than try to purchase from a new d/l of 12. Once I kget that installed I jcan use the same key for the new vista machine - right?

I'm not 100% sure I follow your question, but I think you're right.

Use the old computer (which has MC11.1 installed on it already) to purchase MC12.  Then, you can simply install MC12 on the new PC (you don't ever need to install old versions on that computer) and use the MC12 key you received to license that copy too.  You can then use both copies if you want, or uninstall it from the old machine.  Whichever you want.

2) With the MC 11 track for updates it identifies update file it says costs $19 odd and then the file d/ls only about 45Kb and then fails - is there another d/l method?

That shouldn't be happening.  The best place to download MC12 is from the "sticky" thread at the top of this board on the forum.  The current newest version will always be found "stuck" to the top like that.

If that download doesn't work, there may be a problem with the configuration of your Internet connection on your PC.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 12:19:18 pm »

Itamar,

You can install MC11.1 on the new computer, you are not required to upgrade.
For more info on upgrading, check the links in my signature below.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up