INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync'ing to Memory Card and Handheld's Internal Storage  (Read 828 times)

MurrayW

Sync'ing to Memory Card and Handheld's Internal Storage
« on: December 06, 2007, 03:48:38 pm »

I read through the Wiki, FAQ's and a lot of posts and got most of my questions answered.  Here are a few things that I am still not sure of:
  • I have 2 Sansa E250's (one for me and one for my wife) that can hold 2GB on the internal memory and more on an attached memory card (2GB additional for my wife's and 4 GB extra on mine).  If I have 4GB of MP3's on my computer, how would I sync this with my wife's Sansa so that 1/2 goes to the internal memory and the other 1/2 goes to the storage card?  Would I have to do this manually with a drag and drop?
  • How would a playlist work when trying to access files from either one of the storage locations on the Sansa?  If song 1 was on the internal memory and song 2 on the external card, would this be a problem?
  • If I wanted to use some smartlists for each of these 2 Sansa's, say like create lists of 100 songs that are 4's and 5's, how would I do this if the songs we rate would be different...a song she rates a 5, I might rate it a 3?

thanks,
Murray

SwellGuy

Re: Sync'ing to Memory Card and Handheld's Internal Storage
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 05:47:06 pm »

Hi Murray,

1) The sync to the Sansa and to the SD card on the Sansa have to be handled individually. MC won't span those two repositories in a single sync.

2) Because of 1) above a single playlist won't apply to both repositories.

3) Your first choice is to lower your expectations and listen to her 4's and 5's even though, to yo, they're only 3's. Or you could try to convince her she doesn't like the song as much as she thinks she does. Or you could create a custom field for one of you to use for rating "His Rating". Do this in Tools> Options > Library & Folders > User Library Fields > Add Field.

Name the field, tick the flags that apply, set it to 'User data', select the 'Integer' data type, the 'Standard' edit type, and set the list of values to 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

This won't be as easy to edit as the other ratings field but it will allow you to maintain a second opinion regarding how good a song is.

MurrayW

Re: Sync'ing to Memory Card and Handheld's Internal Storage
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:26:15 am »

Hey Rick,
Actually that was what I was afraid of for all 3 questions.  Thanks for confirming it for me!
Murray
Pages: [1]   Go Up