INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal cover art issues  (Read 556 times)

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
Internal cover art issues
« on: August 12, 2002, 09:51:17 am »

I wanted to report 2 internal cover art issues:

1. When I convert files from my APE collection (APE|PLS|APL, actually) to MP3, the cover art is sometimes removed from the destination files. It always happens on a "full album" basis, i.e. either all tracks from the album have cover art, or none of the tracks from the album have cover art. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it because it seems to be random behaviour. I do have the impression that it's better in build 346 (I estimate about 10-20% of the albums have conver art missing) than it was in build 336 (I would estimate about 30-40%). I realise this will probably be hard to find and fix for you if I can't reliably reproduce it, but I decided to report it anyway. Maybe you do find something.
2. When I select more than one APE file from the same album (i.e. with the same internal image) and select file properties, the image is not shown (the text "Location: inside file(s)" is still shown, however). When I do the same thing with MP3 files, the image is shown. This behaviour has been present for all the v8 builds I've tried. I always assumed the missing image would be "normal" behaviour, until I noticed it was different with MP3s.

Listening to: 'Sober' from 'Undertow' by 'Tool' on Media Jukebox

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
RE:Internal cover art issues
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 03:37:46 am »

I also wanted to ask: right now, when I convert APE to OGG, the internal image is not present in the destination file. Do you think you could change this in a future version ? Does the OGG tagging system allow for this ?

And can somebody please tell me if issue number 2 from my previous post is a feature or a bug ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up