INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3rd G Ipod Nano Video Sync?  (Read 1197 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
3rd G Ipod Nano Video Sync?
« on: December 10, 2007, 02:59:44 am »

Family member is getting a 3rd generation nano for Christmas (hope she doesn't read the forum!) and it is imperative that I have a good system planned for syncing video.  Luckily and handily enough, 99% of our DVDs are saved on the server and this will be the main source of video.

1. Any program suggestions?  My source is basically completely DVD (VIDEO_TS files).  Is MC capable of converting these?  Otherwise, Handbrake has been decent.  MC alone would be amazing but I understand if I need another program.
2. Is there an easy way to link a converted file with a DVD?  Is it possible?  It's almost like "cover art" for DVDs.  It would be files that are related to the DVD.  I basically need a good system for keeping track of what has been converted, if possible, and easily syncing things on/off the iPod.
3. The Nano is 320x240 and my iPhone is 480x320.  So what about simply converting my entire DVD collection, split to files based on chapter or whatever, and then storing these files?  It would take weeks but I have the space to store them--only a few hundred gigabytes.
4. Batch converting them all?  Somehow, someway?  I've considered manually going through and adding episode names in a field for the DVDs and it would be neat if the episode names could be accounted for when converting (if MC can convert them).

I've still got a week or two to figure this out but any brilliant ideas would be great!

benn600

Re: 3rd G Ipod Nano Video Sync?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:55:34 am »

Well how does everyone get video to their 3g Nano?  With DVD source material?

benn600

Re: 3rd G Ipod Nano Video Sync?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:49:23 pm »

Does anyone sync any kind of video to their 3g nano?  Anyone?  Bump?
Pages: [1]   Go Up