INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Not Media Center Premium?  (Read 1065 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Why Not Media Center Premium?
« on: December 10, 2007, 07:35:51 pm »

A thought that has been going through my head for a while: MC is so amazing and every new release brings amazing improvements that are unbelievable.  I just feel like: can't I warp ahead in time and get more improvements faster?  What if a premium version of Media Center was offered for $100 and that would allow the MC team to be expanded, further hastening updates?

I know, it's scary that I'm asking because MC is leaps and bounds ahead of any other program as far as updates.

I'd pay it!

Addition: $100 per year?

If it meant even more improvements I'd pay it!!! Absolutely!

Addition: I should add that MC is the most important application (to me) on my computer.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Why Not Media Center Premium?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:06:11 pm »

I'm sure if you really wanted to send JRiver $100 a year you wouldn't hear them say no.

benn600

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:41:17 pm »

HEY now, I'm asking for faster, more frequent updates (I know, it's ludicrous)...which would go without saying that more user requests could be implemented.

Yearly fees would allow them to add another employee or two.  Perhaps one more employee devoted 90% to MC.  Let's see, maybe $60,000+ a year...a thousand people would pay his/her salary---assuming the $40 would go to the company.  But I'm only one person.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:14:35 pm »

Try doing a search on here for when MC9's price was first announced at $45. The price before then was, IIRC, $20-$25. You'll see how many people were reluctant to pay even that much. I suspect that even at a $100 price point, never mind yearly fee, you'd see a lot of people decide to look elsewhere.

It's simple economics really. While I don't doubt that you, and probably many others would be willing to pay it, there are many many more who wouldn't.

Besides... they already release a new build nearly every week day.

benn600

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:59:58 pm »

Besides... they already release a new build nearly every week day.

That sweet taste of daily builds forces me to ask for semi-hourly builds!  Each one is so tasty that I want to gorge myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up