INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist/ Ipod/ Automation help?  (Read 843 times)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Smartlist/ Ipod/ Automation help?
« on: December 03, 2007, 05:31:59 am »

Apologies in advance if this gets a little complicated, not sure how much of this can be easily implemented in MC  ;)
Situation- I've got an 80gb Ipod, used solely for audiobooks. I'm trying to automate the management of this somewhat & would appreciate some help with someone better at smartlists than me. Wants:
1. Sync play count back to a custom field in MC (IpodPlayCount) Needs to operate separately from MC's  internal counter, as I sometimes listen to short chunks of different files for audio testing purposes.
2. If each track in the album has an IpodPlayCount value of 1 or greater, I want MC to remove the whole album from the Ipod, but only when each file in the album has been played.
3. Syncing files to the Ipod, I want only complete albums to be synced, deleting any half complete albums if it runs out of space. I'd also like a way to sync series of books to the Ipod; I can't think of an easy way to do this other than by using a separate artist for each series, which defeats many of my other tagging tweaks. Thoughts? (By no means essential)
4. I'd like a way to randomise things a little, but still with some semblance of order, so that a balance of newer & older stuff (Import date wise) gets synced first, but can't think of an easy way to implement this either though  ;)
5. I'd like to use a custom field to define whether a set file/ album is always on the Ipod (AlwaysOnIpod), regardless of playcount etc.

Basically, the ultimate wish is just to plug the Ipod in & ignore it until MC is done.
I think a smartlist should be able to do most of this, but they're not my forte  ;D

Cheers

-Leezer-

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist/ Ipod/ Automation help?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:44:43 am »

Friendly bump  ;D

-Leezer-

m1abrams

• World Citizen
Re: Smartlist/ Ipod/ Automation help?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:27:52 am »

Ok not sure how to do number 1.

However number 2 is easy.  Create a smartlist with the rules to find IpodPlayCount = 0, and modifer of expand full albums.  This will create a playlist of all albums that have atleast 1 track that is unheard.  If you want to mix the albums up but keep all tracks of the albums together, that requires 2 lists (unless someone has a better way).  1st list just gets all tracks with IpodPlacCount=0, modifier sort random, modifier no duplicates on album.  Then second playlist which is the one you want to sync to the ipod would have filter on the first playlist and have modifier expand full albums. If you want to change the order of the full albums do that with different sorts on the 1st playlist.

The above should get you started.

Number 5 is easy, just create a user defined field, and use it in your filters.  You can do "or" statement in the filter.

Outside on number 1, I am sure all you want can be done.  Note that I do not think MC counts a track played unless you play it to the end, so you may not need the requirements of number 1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up