INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Image" Media Jukebox  (Read 3089 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
"Image" Media Jukebox
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:03:35 am »

I'm using the web to search some royalty free images at the moment, and it's got me thinking...

It's so slooow. I wonder if jriver have considered approaching image resellers such as istock photo, and dreamstime, to offer similar services that are currently offered to music stores.

It would be so cool to be able to download the latest version of the istock "library" the same way my MC client downloads it's library from the server right now; grabbing thumbnails etc. in one package.
Searches would be quicker, and so would image previews. I'm sure there would be numerous other advantages too.

Such software could be offered free like Media Jukebox is now.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: "Image" Media Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:20:41 am »

How about,

Media Jukebox - Audio Edition
                    - Video Edition
                    - Image Edition
The more variations, the more advertising! (and the more support of course...)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:17:58 am »

Media Jukebox -- Contacts

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:43:41 am »

A web image search tool with advanced search options , like image size, image type,stock or non stock, royalty free or not, etc. , would also be a another great feature/addition to improving image support in MC. It could be set to auto download to specific folder, without having to go thruogh the long process of opening and visitng each site to download each image.
One cold use keywords , eg. "cat" , and then all images on the web which are cat related could download to a folder callled "cat" within the selected download folder.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 10:18:09 am »

A web image search tool with advanced search options , like image size, image type,stock or non stock, royalty free or not, etc. , would also be a another great feature/addition to improving image support in MC. It could be set to auto download to specific folder, without having to go thruogh the long process of opening and visitng each site to download each image.
One cold use keywords , eg. "cat" , and then all images on the web which are cat related could download to a folder callled "cat" within the selected download folder.

This is there:
Action Window > Camera > Google Images > cat

You can also browse Google Images with integrated downloader in:
Images > Web Media > Google Images
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:44:14 am »

This is there:
Action Window > Camera > Google Images > cat

You can also browse Google Images with integrated downloader in:
Images > Web Media > Google Images

Wow! Another feature I never new about :)
Nice! I'm glad it's here.

Only problem is... for each search it only seems to give 20 results?? I was using the default search options , eg. Size - normal (recommended).
Also, when I did select "large " size , it gave me some images of "18" kb , which isn't exactly BIG.
Could we have more specific options when asking for image size , like eg. 800 x 600 pixal resolution, And size by "kb" size , eg. between 50kb to 100kb , 100kb to 200kb etc.
Also , an option to exclude certain images below a certain size , eg. ... exclude images below 10kb...

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 01:00:19 am »

Wow! Another feature I never new about :)
Nice! I'm glad it's here.

Only problem is... for each search it only seems to give 20 results?? I was using the default search options , eg. Size - normal (recommended).
Also, when I did select "large " size , it gave me some images of "18" kb , which isn't exactly BIG.
Could we have more specific options when asking for image size , like eg. 800 x 600 pixal resolution, And size by "kb" size , eg. between 50kb to 100kb , 100kb to 200kb etc.
Also , an option to exclude certain images below a certain size , eg. ... exclude images below 10kb...

Again,from my previous quote above....Questions for MC
1)Why does MC only give 20 search results when using e.g "Action Window > Camera > Google Images > cat" ?

2) Why do I get images the size of only 18kb when setting the search criteria in "Action Window > Camera > Google Images > cat " to Image quality - High?

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 10:59:03 am »

Heeellloooo .....

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 02:43:54 am »

OK, now I can understand why some are not happy with support in the forum ... is it just that I am being by accident overlooked , or am I just being ignored ...? :-\ ?

cosmic

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 12:33:33 am »

?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 08:48:56 am »

I don't know.  I don't think anyone else who's read it knows.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 10:13:39 am »

1)Why does MC only give 20 search results when using e.g "Action Window > Camera > Google Images > cat" ?

Obviously MC downloads the images from the first search results page. Google displays about 20 images on each page. When searched with a standard web browser the number seems to vary between 18-21 depending on the browser's page width.

2) Why do I get images the size of only 18kb when setting the search criteria in "Action Window > Camera > Google Images > cat " to Image quality - High?

The image quality option is not a Google search parameter. It is used when MC creates compressed files of acquired images (i.e. images from a local device like a scanner).

Perhaps JRiver could add the usual Google image search options in the "Search Term" dialog window.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 11:07:34 am »

OK, now I can understand why some are not happy with support in the forum ... is it just that I am being by accident overlooked , or am I just being ignored ...? :-\ ?

cosmic

Dude, chill out. You waited a whopping 14 hours (probably at least 4 of which the developers were probably sleeping) between asking one question and then asking it again. Then you proceeded to rip on the support forum. Even if I knew the answer to your question, I wouldn't answer it.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 11:46:44 am »

Dude, chill out. You waited a whopping 14 hours (probably at least 4 of which the developers were probably sleeping) between asking one question and then asking it again. Then you proceeded to rip on the support forum. Even if I knew the answer to your question, I wouldn't answer it.

Thanks Doof for your response.
But if you looked a little closer, you would notice I waited a couple of days.
And the question was for MC, as I did realize that everone else probably wouldn't have the answer to it.
And I wasn't ripping off anyone, so catch a wake up. I'm sure I have the right to query my posts if it has not been responed to.

Thank you Alex for a positive response.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 11:50:22 am »

PS. And Dooof, I am chilled.Thank you for your concern.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 02:03:07 pm »

My apologies. I didn't realize that there was actually a couple of days between December 12th and December 13th.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 02:47:20 pm »

Apology accepted, Dooof.

As I see now what you where refering to as the 14hrs... well I simply decided to repeat my previous post, becuase it originally was not offically set as a question. It was to make it more clear, as I thought it might have been overlooked.
Then later, seeing that others post were being answered, I light heartedly "bumped it to the top with ...

Heeellloooo .....

... and maybe I should have put a smiley face so that persons like you didn't misunderstand my humour, and land up hearting someone's feeling.

With regards to ...
OK, now I can understand why some are not happy with support in the forum ... is it just that I am being by accident overlooked , or am I just being ignored ...? 

... it was simply an aknowledgement of "now I can understand..." , relating to an earlier issue of support that was posted. I said I could "understand" .... get it?!

So at the end of the day, I really didn't intend to offend anyone, and I'm sure I didn't offend MC. Or is this forum really so defensive? I don't think so, and it might just be certain doof doofs.

This is not an explanation for my little friend doof, but rather for anyone else who might have misunderstood. Sometimes I'm a little concerned to actually write down my own true thoughts, as if it doesn't agree with others opinion, then some get sensitive and take offensive.
Shouldn't we be able to express our thoughts? I don't think I'm offensive at all, just giving my opinion.

If anyone came a cross as offensive...
... then it was doofie doof. ;)

I'm here to rip off no one.
I really hope not to ever have to explain again to anyone that I mean no harm, no offence, no argument and No ripping offs.

Now be a good boy doof, ...take a walk... count to 10 .... sing a song ... and chill. 8)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 03:19:56 pm »

Sound of thread locking.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up