INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZUNE SOFTWARE  (Read 2024 times)

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
ZUNE SOFTWARE
« on: November 21, 2007, 12:24:59 am »

if anyone is thinking of installing new zune software don't waste your time - it is crap ! ;D

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Re: ZUNE SOFTWARE
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:26:45 am »

can you access the zune2 without it?

schmoose

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:30:31 am »

i can't believe i just bought an 8gb Zune.

it never even crossed my mind (silly me) that MSFT would make their device such a closed system.

the Zune SW is awful for media management, and doesn't even recognize any of my .flac or .ape files (suffices to say that you can forget about .wv, .mpc, .ogg, .shn, etc.)

now i have all of this music that I spent so much time ripping and tagging that i can't even put on the Zune without converting in MC, importing into the Zune POS SW and then syncing with the Zune.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 06:53:20 am »

The zunes are completely closed.  Just like the iPhone and Touch.  Strange world.

NoBS

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 08:10:35 am »

With all due respect, I need to vent...

I had my hands on the Zune and was quite impressed with the hardware.
Way to go MS "third party" HDW design team.
The Zune80 is a great hardware that is visually stunning with intuitive and easy access of the device.
No mean feat there!

I had to return this "almost perfect" MP3 player because of the SW.
I fully under stand that most consumers just want it to work, right out of the box.
I really tried to work with the SW, but I'm old school and kind of crusty on what SW I install.

The awesome Zune is crippled by what I consider "Kiddy" software.
Sure it's cute, but to call it handicapped is just plain disrespectful to disabled folks.
Since MS has stated they will not release a SDK for 3rd party support, what you see is what you get.
Sure, their marketing arm will add more features.
The important part is marketing, you know… sociologist (or should I say sexologist) who exploit weak minds to gain control of your wallet. That is their only purpose in life, and they are very good at it.

Sad part is consumers are getting more and more shallow because we (sic) are demanding the “oh so cute” form over function.
Even worse, the Zune software is marketed towards the lazy spoiled consumer aimed squarely towards the apathetic vanity of the “look at me” crowd.
Zune Social/last.fm is just a marketing tool for the vain. Sorry, but with out vanity, it will NOT work.

Step away from the marketing reality and ask your self why it is socially acceptable to pay so much for bottled water, you will find heavy marketing manipulation and the apathy of the couch potato mentality.

My biggest issue with the Zune SW is malware and the fact that in order to sync the player I must install adware and open ports which will be a security risk on my end.
Awesome tool for the RIAA and the marketing industry in general, though.

5 years ago we used to buy software to remove adware and spyware; today we pay to install it.
My, how times a changing. And yes, Zune Market Place and Social is adware and spyware no matter how marketing tries to distort language terminology. “A fun place to gather blah, blah…”

I understand MTP is here to stay, and have changed my ways in order to use the new technology. But Apple and Microsoft can not manipulate marketing through MTP, so now they add complexity to the consumer’s ability to control our “purchased” media.

By supporting (read; buying from/into) Zune and the still closed new Gen Ipods is enabling manufacturers to continue this "behind closed doors" mentality of consumer manipulation.

It boils down to digital rights and the apathy on consumer responsibility

Unfortunately, my views are now labeled (PC term) delusional and paranoid. Marketing paranoid would be MY un-PC term.
Not 20 years ago these view’s where considered as a responsible consumer’s duty. But alas, that takes discipline and responsibility.
Much easier to blame big business and our government.

We have the power to ridicule the lemming that enable the closed environment of new technology, vote with your wallet.
Although there are countless media HDW manufacturers, they tend to follow the leader(s)... what good are choices then?

Sarcasm on/
My dream would be for JRiver to crack the Zune and iTouch and charge $80 for idiot tax PER registered device.
Then charge full price to use MC, with your liberal 10 seat policy so they’ll know it’s a good deal. LOL
Hey, I’m dreaming here, please don’t wake me up until intelligent consumers take back control.
Besides, they already sold out as responsible consumers and will fall all over them selves to throw you folk’s money. ;)
Sarcasm off/

Kudos to MediaJukebox, you folks really need to have a link on the MC Home site with a MC – MJ compare.
This is what I consider intelligent marketing and why JRiver is so endearing.

Ahh, I feel better now...
Peace
What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.

schmoose

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 01:28:43 am »

agreed that the new Zunes are nice pieces of HW. sound quality is quite good, better than the iPod, IMHO.

the interface of the Zune is also a joy to use and easy to navigate.

anyway, i've returned mine as well because i don't have the time to deal with workarounds to get music onto the DAP I PAID FOR.

so Sony A818 here i come!.....better SQ, compatible with MC and no more ATRAC or SonicStage. (now if only Amazon would hurry up and ship the thang)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 12:02:22 am »

I likewise agree, the new zune software is HORRIBLE, unbelievably so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up