INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MEDIA JUKEBOX is now FREE!  (Read 16436 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
MEDIA JUKEBOX is now FREE!
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:13:03 pm »

Digg this.

We first released Media Jukebox in early 1999 and took it through 8 paid versions.  It grew from a music player into a full media solution -- audio, video, images, home theater, remote control, device support, etc, which we named JRiver Media Center.  MC9, MC10, MC11, and now MC12.

For four long years, we neglected our "classic" player.  No more.  We've released a music only player again -- Media Jukebox 12.  It has virtually all the music features of Media Center 12.  It can be used as a client with the Library Server of MC12.  You can give it to your sister and she'll not bug you anymore.

MJ12 also has the Amazon MP3 store build in.  It's a great place to find unprotected music -- singles or complete albums.  And we get a dime every time you buy a track.  If you shop other places at Amazon from inside the player, we get a small commission for that, too.  Amazon is U.S. only right now but we hear rumors about the UK.  I think they'll be global as soon as possible.

If you've used the old MJ, you'll love the new features -- much broader support for devices like the iPod nano and classic and cellphones, for example, and Vista compatible.

Thanks for your interest.  Please let us know what you think.

Jim Hillegass
CEO, JRiver

Scott Atkinson

• Recent member
Re: MEDIA JUKEBOX is now FREE!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 01:55:38 pm »

Jim -

Thanks for the gift. I now buy almost all my music (and I buy a lot) online, from Amazon. It'll be my pleasure to buy thru' you folks.

MJ is exactly what I want; I'm a paid up user of MC10, but really only wanted the music part.

So thanks again.

Best,

Scott Atkinson
Watertown NY

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 02:29:58 pm »

You're welcome.  Thanks for saying so.

sheltem

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:13:32 pm »

Jim -

Thanks for the gift. I now buy almost all my music (and I buy a lot) online, from Amazon. It'll be my pleasure to buy thru' you folks.

MJ is exactly what I want; I'm a paid up user of MC10, but really only wanted the music part.

So thanks again.

Best,

Scott Atkinson
Watertown NY

I feel the same exact way.  While I like MC12's interface for music, I don't like it nearly as much as video player.  How often will Media Jukebox 12 be updated, relative to MC12?

Scott Atkinson

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 12:19:11 pm »

Jim -

Here's a problem (small one) I suspect you can't fix, but let me ask.

It's convenient for me to drag the album art off the Amazon page when I make an mp3 purchase.

Firefox as stand-alone lets me do this, but I can't when it's embedded in MJ. Since I like to keep a separate folder of album art, this would be handy.

Best,

Scott A.

Jorgeaa

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 05:41:53 pm »

Thanks for the Media Jukebox !!!!!!
Free !!!  Good !!!

I love this software but I will ask  you somethings.

1) I am missing  Playing Now view together with a some browse view.
With a MediaCenter I use the Split View with 2 views.
But with MediaJukebox how can I do it?
I would like a Playing Now with your own view all the time (or switched). When browsing don´t loose the Playing Now view.

2) Whit the MiniView Skin Slim is it possible to turn on/off a Playing Now little view???
Like eutow skin.

Congratulations for this very good software !!!!

Jorge

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 08:11:31 am »

1) The Split View feature is one of the good reasons to buy MC12. MJ12 is a fine player, but it doesn't have every MC12 feature.

2) I don't think that is possible with the Slim skin, but you can download more Mini View skins (including Eutow) from the download site. Just click the "Install More Skins" button in the Skin Manager. MJ12 is not yet listed on the web page, but that doesn't matter - you can use the MC12 option. The installer seems to work fine when only MJ12 is running.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 08:10:32 am »

Been a while since I've visited!
MJ12 is Great!  Still trying to get my players to interface with it though...

Chico
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

Higginz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm Swedish
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 01:51:43 am »

MJ 12 is simply a great audio player/converter/encoder/ripper/burner/organizer!.
I like it very much. And it has the last.fm plug-in and all. Isn't life sweet.
I still run my MC 12 every now and then though ;)

Thanks to the JRiver team! You guys rock.

krupted

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 11:41:15 am »

this has been wonderful for me.   

i have paid through the last three versions of MC, and MC12 has been outstanding.    Yet i rarely used the video options, and never the picture viewer.  However, i felt this program was worth the $40 for the audio alone so this is like reward for all my payments!   

Love MJ12, it is a staple on every pc i come in contact with!

CatCarson

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 04:17:02 pm »

I paid for MJ8. Despite its considerable flaws, I used it until last month when I found out v12 is free. For me it's the best ripper and by far the best ID tagger/file renamer available. That's important for those with a lot of classical music.

The tagging is doubly nice now that you've got podcasting built-in. I sync to two devices and it's nice to be able to set up tagging/filenaming so they present me with a common folder structure.

All this with a smaller memory footprint than either Juice or Windows Media Player. Thanks!

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 04:19:45 am »

Just wanted to say that I just wrote about Media Jukebox in a blog entry where I gave it a glowing review. I simply cannot live with it now, period.

Here's what I wrote:

JRiver Media Jukebox (free) (music librarian) - This is also a free software, but has no limited to usage and completely free. The Media Jukebox is essentially the “lite” version of JRiver’s Media Center, which does all media types like video and images and internet TV…etc. The Jukebox is just the music portion of Media Center, and for me, that’s really all I need since I don’t have too much use for a video and image librarian. I use ACDSee Pro in conjunction with XnView (freeware) for my image librarian and I haven’t really felt the need for a video librarian just yet, but I may, since I keep downloading youtube videos of musical performances and it starts to get confusing when there are too many of them. I think I’d at least want a star-rating system for my video collection. If you know a nice freeware that can do it, please contact me.

Oh yeah, back to why I love Media Jukebox. First of all, it’s free, and that’s amazing considering how freaking powerful and efficient and fast it is. I have gone through all the main music librarians that techie geeks rave about–foobar, Winamp, Jet Audio, Deliplayer, itunes, Quintessential Player, Windows Media Player, Creative Play Center, Real One, dBpowerAMP–you name it, I probably have tested it. My main criteria for a good music librarian are the following:

-Number of file formats recognized

-Most flexible sorting methods and search options (by filepath, genre, artist, album, duration, bitrate, file type, rating, replay gain, custom field…etc)

-Advance features (volume match, track information display, tag editing, BPM analyzation, smart playlists, customization of view and color scheme…etc)

-Fast response when searching, navigating various screens, sorting huge collections, operating playback controls…etc.

-Reliable. No crashes and no glitches.

-Intuitive. Does not require digging into the help files to learn about its features.

Over the years, the only software that contained most of the features and qualities I’m after was JRiver’s Media Center, and when they released the free version, Media Jukebox, I jumped on it, since I never went as far as to buy Media Center as I didn’t need all its other features outside of music. Media Jukebox is very flexible, powerful, and reliable depending on what’s on your machine (I have it installed on two machines, and on one of them it’s rock solid, and on the other it’s flaky and crashes often, but I’m pretty sure it’s because of the machine). J. river’s products contain all the features and qualities I listed above, and I just can’t stand using anything else now that I’ve gotten so used to the speed, power, and all those features. If you are serious about your music collection, you owe it to yourself to give JRiver Media Jukebox or Media Center a spin–they’ll most likely convert you into a loyal user.

vrasenas

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 07:37:06 am »

I just installed MJ 12 on my computer. So far I love it. I tried Itunes, Windows media player and both have limitations which, in my opinion, are based on them garnering market share for their particlular formats. I have also take a brief look at Foobar and other players. MJ seems to have all the positives of both programs plus more flexibility and options. I am considering buying MC for managing mutiple libraries. I will certainly support you guys by going to Amazon via your portal.

Cammino

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 04:13:57 pm »

Wow, since Musicmatch Jukebox had been taken over by Yahoo I tested a lot of programs, never as satisfied as with MMJB ... but now, I found what I needed all the time: Media Jukebox. Wonderful piece of work!

Thanks a lot!!!  I'm happy again  :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 04:21:58 pm »

Thanks for saying so.  Welcome to Interact.

sch phase

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 03:17:09 am »

Digg this.

Amazon is U.S. only right now but we hear rumors about the UK.  I think they'll be global as soon as possible.

Amazon mp3 downloads are live in the UK now, bit of a soft launch it seems, may pick up on the disaster of the Woolworths collapse over here, don't know if their downloads site will survive

Using MC13 it loads amazon.com, where can i redirect to amazon.co.uk automatically, and do you get pennies everytime we use the uk site

Merry Christmas

Nick

Ken1

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 03:53:43 pm »

Wow!!

I've pretty much been away from the windows scene for a few years (linux) but I recently setup this computer
with windows, and since then I've searched / DL / tried /unistalled ...over and over again .. all kinds of players and organizers.
I've got a good collection of MP3's somewhere in the area of 45 000 +++ songs ... because I've ripped all my cd's and all new cd's I buy,
the first thing I do is to transfer them to mp3, and have done for years. Anyway, I've not seen anything I liked that goes beyond just play mp3's.
Then discovered this today, .. baaammmmm!!!! touchdown .. I love it ... easy to use, very nice interface, and exactly what I want ..

thanks a million times for sharing this wonderful application ... it made all my searching worth while  ;D  ;D  ;D

thanks and keep up the good work

//Ken1

ak7

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 03:05:12 am »

i have to say this is an incredibly good program - i've just come to it from mediamonkey by way of a whole lot of others. i love that it is so configurable - i does everything i want it to. so congratulations and thanks for making it free. i think having the amazon store integrated is an excellent idea and i hope you guys get a little bit of income off it - one day i hope we new zealanders get to be able to use amazon's download service and when that day comes i will gladly make all my purchases through media jukebox! see if you can do a deal with emusic  :)

guy007

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 05:09:10 am »

I stumbled across Media Jukebox -- where have you been all my life? I have over 1,200 CDs, 99% of which are classical music. In the past I've struggled with many programs (some expensive) that required numerous compromises to enter classical music. At last I've found a program that is flexible enough so that I can tweak it into a true classical music player. And it doesn't require a PhD in computer science to use. Mahler is now a composer and not Artist II. I'm just beginning to explore the riches of this program and cannot believe how easy it is to customize. A laptop with Media Jukebox beside my listening chair gives me more control over my collection than I've ever had before. Thank you many times. I plan to buy Media Center, although I'm not sure I'll really use it, just as a way of thanking you guys for an incredible program. Guy007

221bBS

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 06:52:26 am »

If you like you classical music you might be interested in this tagging tread from a while back.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45824.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up