INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Purchasing Media Center  (Read 984 times)

E.O.D.DJ

• Recent member
Problem Purchasing Media Center
« on: December 17, 2007, 03:39:51 pm »

I've been shopping around for a good media player that will do what i want for some time, i came across Media Center and am a big fan. One slight problem. I'm currently deployed and the only computers that have internet access are government computers. Hence my problem. I'd like to pick up this program but to do that I have to be able have the program on the computer with internet. I was able to download and install it on my laptop. However the administrator rights prevent me from installing media center on the computer that has internet access. Is there a direct link to your purchase/paypal site that i can get or is the only way to register directly through the program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem Purchasing Media Center
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 03:43:38 pm »

Can you connect to the Internet long enough to license MC?  It takes just a minute or two.  After that, your license can be e-mailed to you.  You can click on Purchase at the top of the home page here to find out more.

E.O.D.DJ

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 04:05:38 pm »

Currently in Kirkuk, Iraq at the moment, which might clarifty why i'm having problems getting access with my personal computer. I can't get it on our network not without doing some things that i could definetely get in trouble for. Its a secure network. They don't allow personal computers on it. I may be able to work something out, but before i went to some extreme lengths i was seeing if there was an easier alternative.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 04:10:22 pm »

One more way to do it would be to have someone you know install and purchase, then send the license to you.  If you know someone well enough to allow use of your credit card, it could even be done in your name.

E.O.D.DJ

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 04:15:06 pm »

Yeah i should be able to work that out, the licence is just a file, so they should be able to register it, Send me the licence file in an email to my work computer and then transfer that with a thumb drive to my PC.

Thanks for the quick responses and help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up