INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with moving my MP3s  (Read 784 times)

SteveP

• Recent member
Problems with moving my MP3s
« on: May 21, 2003, 09:39:58 am »

Hi

I've managed to screw up the folders and sub folders on all my mp3 coillection.  :-[

Here is what I did. I bought an external drive and MOVED all my mp3 files to a sub folder called 'digital music' using JukeBox. When I looked at the new drive, I found that all the sub folders that I had originally been created when I sampled the CDs had been removed ie all the music now sits in ONE folder called 'digital music'! argghhh!

I'd kinda like to have the original folders using the artists names and followed by the album name. Can the situation be reversed? ie can JukeBox look at the tags (which still show the track name and album name, artiste etc) and RECREATE the folders so that each album is like is used to be before I moved it ie a separate one for each artist followed by the album name? AND physically MOVE the files to their new locations???

..or have I got to spend the next 5 years cutting and pasting???  :(

(JukeBox still neatly shows all the mp3s in their respective albums when I open it, I just want the folders back!)

Thanks

Steve

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: Problems with moving my MP3s
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 09:47:09 am »

Yes you can.

Select the files, go to properties ->tools ->rename files from properties (I don't recall the exact name of the options since I'm now with MC9). Then establish the name template, rules and paths you want to use and MJ8 will create the relative folders for you.

Try first with a few files to check that the result is what you really want or need.

Pages: [1]   Go Up