INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PSP problems  (Read 1562 times)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
PSP problems
« on: December 17, 2007, 10:29:01 am »

hey, i have the new psp software, and MC wont do two things when i sync my PSP

1. when it converts and moves over to my psp, it wont change the namge to let the psp play it. you know, that mv420059 thing.  how can i make it so that it changes when it converts?

2. when i change the name myself, and it actually shows up on the psp, the video wont play. it says, 'unable to play the video file.' whats that all about? i have it to convert to PSP format. and i can not convert it to any other format because i have no WI-FI ability to connect my psp to the internet.

anyone help?

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
Re: PSP problems
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 04:36:40 am »

ok, i have a converter that lets me convert video to my psp. but when i try and open it in MC, it only plays the audio.  and when converting through mc, it wont play on my psp.  is my codec messed up? and if so, how can i fix it?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 09:16:11 am »

hey, i have the new psp software, and MC wont do two things when i sync my PSP

1. when it converts and moves over to my psp, it wont change the namge to let the psp play it. you know, that mv420059 thing.  how can i make it so that it changes when it converts?
What is the "mv420059 thing"?
What exactly is the name change you're looking for? If you're using a recent Media Center 12 build and you have "PSP" selected in the Handheld video convert options, it should be converting to an mp4 file. Do a check for updates to make sure you have the latest ffmpeg from us.

2. when i change the name myself, and it actually shows up on the psp, the video wont play. it says, 'unable to play the video file.' whats that all about? i have it to convert to PSP format. and i can not convert it to any other format because i have no WI-FI ability to connect my psp to the internet. anyone help?
What are you changing the name to? Please give an example. You can email me a sample video file you're trying to convert (johnt at jriver.com).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 03:06:30 am »

PSP video files have to be named M4V#####. like, M4V20048, M4V20049, M4V20050 etc. dont know why, but it wont play unless its named that.

what would be nice if there was an option under the video conversion options to 'batch rename of PSP files begining with M4V##### and up.

im simply plugging up my PSP and converting it through the 'PSP' convertion option. but, it wont play on my psp.

i have the latest of both MC and PSP firms.

JPdurant

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 09:37:28 pm »

The newest firmware of PSP allows you to name them whatever you like.
the .THM file is just a jpeg (rename it).  I use ConvertHQ for my conversions to iPod and PSP and it works OK.
It's not super-fast but it works and it is very simple.

jp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up