INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You! (For the new cover art feature)  (Read 1714 times)

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Thank You! (For the new cover art feature)
« on: December 18, 2007, 12:34:02 pm »

I have just installed the latest build (12.0.396) and noticed that I now can choose, how I want to display cover art. Many thanks for this option and for the amazing speed, you guys have, reacting to our feedback. This was a big thing for me.

TLS

p7389

• World Citizen
Re: Thank You! (For the new cover art feature)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »

I like the option too. But I use the rotated feature now, even though I complained about it a bit before. They fixed it up, and I think it's nice now. ;)
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:50:25 pm »

I like the option too. But I use the rotated feature now, even though I complained about it a bit before. They fixed it up, and I think it's nice now. ;)

I like this too, but the rotated view has the cover art too narrow on the top corner of the screen. Looks odd and out of balance.

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:04:50 am »

It would be cool to have this rotated coverart copied to the Ipod, e.g. write a new jpg on the fly and copy that one instead of the original.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:19:52 am »

It appears that the new plain version has less padding around the image.  I kept wanting this before but never asked (not that big of a deal).  So now it seems like they accidentally fixed it like I'd like.  And I like the drop shadow being kept on large thumbnails.

Although I'd suggest an extra ~3 pixels of padding on the bottom only of the cover art plain.

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 09:17:37 am »

I like this too, but the rotated view has the cover art too narrow on the top corner of the screen. Looks odd and out of balance.

I agree it doesn't look rotated to me, just kind of skewed.  The top and bottom edges should be parallel. 

I'm glad they added the ability to opt out of the rotated view; what quick response to a popular request!

Alexis

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 05:44:12 am »

I'd also like to say many thanks for implementing this so quickly; it's just great now. However, I still hope an option for controlling the stretching of cover art (ie., display at 100% / stretch full-screen) will be eventually added to this too. I guess I belong to the group of those who prefer to see smaller but not pixelated images.

(After all, the description at http://www.jrmediacenter.com/ starts with words, "Music, photos and video YOUR way..."  ;)). In my view, the "obligatory" stretching is the only thing left that stands in the way of having it "my way".

And thanks again for developing this wonderful program!
Pages: [1]   Go Up