INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New MC 12 user...have some questions (all Tivo related)  (Read 2829 times)

Sturmie

New MC 12 user...have some questions (all Tivo related)
« on: January 18, 2008, 01:11:36 pm »

first, this is the only app that seems to not crash my Tivo(s), which is a major plus :)...Galleon and pyTivo both cause random reboots.  i really like MC and would like to get the most out of it, so my questions are (these are all Tivo related):

1.  will MC display the album art for MP3s when playing on my Tivo?  i really like how Galleon does this, but, as mentioned, it seems to be unstable for me.

2.  is there anyway to edit the options that the Tivo sees for photos?  ie, for photos can i just have it categorize by file location and calendar instead of rating, keywords, etc.

3.  is there anyway to edit the options that the Tivo sees for music?  ie, for music, can i just have it categorize by file location, artist, top played instead of genre, rating, etc.

4.  is there anyway to create a playlist in say Winamp and use it in MC on the Tivo?  why does it seem to import everything under the playlist option...i have specific playlists that i like and don't need every album to have its own playlist.

thanks for the help...i'm sure i'll have more questions as i continue to check out the trial.

sturmie

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: New MC 12 user...have some questions (all Tivo related)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:31:14 pm »

Hi Sturmie,

1) No it won't at this time.
2/3) Check out view schemes, you can make your own image and audio view schemes, and have the TiVo see them.
4) Not that I know of, but I'm not sure.

j

Sturmie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 03:04:09 pm »

thanks for the response...sorry, i didn't see the Tivo & Media Center forum before i posted :).

Sturmie

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 03:57:42 pm »

ok....couple more questions...

5.  what tag am i looking at when in the "audio" section--the IDv2 or IDv3 tag?

6.  is there anyway to change the album, artist, year, etc for multiple artists at a time?  like say i have Guns 'N Roses spelled Guns & Roses on 20 tags and want to change it...do i have to do them each individually?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 04:06:57 pm »

Hi Sturmie,

I can answer the second, but you might want to post the first question back in the MC 12 forum, since it isn't TiVo related.

Just select all the tracks you want to change, then change the field, it'll change for all at once.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up