INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mouse problem  (Read 963 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Mouse problem
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:04:54 pm »

I have an MX Revolution mouse here, and it's been bugging me that for some reason, only with MC, scrolling down is very sluggish and unresponsive, while scrolling back up is as sensitive and responsive as I would expect. It's very odd, and I've revisited the settings in Setpoint many times looking for clues, but there are none.
Any ideas? As I can't achieve any accuracy on the way down, I've taken to zooming to the bottom and then working from there upwards, but it's a bit of a pain.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mouse problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:07:26 pm »

Uninstall setpoint.  Uninstall any mouse software.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 02:29:48 pm »

Thumbnails are cached for a while once they're loaded.  This could explain why scrolling up (through cache) is faster than scrolling down.

Don't rule out NOD again, as anything that slows the disk down will really hurt thumbnail performance.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:47:18 pm »

Since we're on the topic... Any way I can get Side-Scroll support in MC?  You know, those fancy newish mice with the side-scrolling mouse wheel?  It works (without mouse drivers) in most other applications, including Firefox, Windows Explorer, Internet Exploder, Word, Excel, Crimson Editor, and BeyondTV.  It doesn't work in MC (I assume because of the fancy skinning).

I have a Logitech mouse, but I've seen that the Microsoft mice don't support it either.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up