INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD CCCP problems - no sucess at all  (Read 2013 times)

rebecca1

• Recent member
DVD CCCP problems - no sucess at all
« on: December 30, 2007, 03:46:45 pm »

OK I thought I'd found what I was looking for in mc12, but I'm having probs with dvd playback.

I have a shuttle specifically for the task, installed xp  sp2 from reformat, install mc12, install cccp, enable dolby in ffd. Still get pop up for error 200 (moan about interdvd thing).

This is playing off an iso, using slysoft virtual drive thingy.

On my desktop machine (core2 ..etc) I already had powerdvd & nero installed, but installed mc12 and works ok with powerdvd codecs. Following the example of it working on this machine, I installed powerdvd on the shuttle too. Still no go.

I've also tried cccp on the desktop and selected the ffd codecs and that won't work either.

The only way I can get it to play at all is to let windows handle dvds - relying on the underlying shell and launching powerdvd, but thats not really what I want.

Is there something fundamental I'm missing about the cccp/ffd codecs?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: DVD CCCP problems - no sucess at all
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 04:29:53 pm »

For DVD playback select MPV decoder for video decoder (Tools -> Options -> Playback -> DVD playback settings...). MPV decoder is part of CCCP.

FFDShow's DVD video decoding may still be problematic depending on the version you installed. In any case, you probably need to tell FFDShow to decode MPEG-2 and check the "DVD" checkbox if you insist on using it for DVD.

Another area to look at is the video renderer selection. Try different video renderers in the following order: Video Mixing Renderer 9, Video Mixing Renderer 7, and Legacy Video Renderer.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rebecca1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 05:43:03 pm »

Ok thanks for that will give it another go, I'm going to reinstall again (XP I mean) I've noticed that MPV is not on the list of codecs, but I've tried it on my desktop machine and it makes no difference though that maybe a problem with the powerdvd codec or similar.

MadJewDisaster

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 05:48:26 pm »

powerdvd codec makes big problems with some CCCP parts
check they facts or forum to get more infos (CCCP i mean)

rebecca1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 06:19:08 pm »

Lol well I've got nothing else on now again so to speak!  Just XP sp2 + CCCP. Mpeg2 enabled in ffdshow (+ dvd checked), MVP selected, vmr 7, 9, legacy etc - still no luck. $14 hmm I might just stump up for that if it means its going to work.

rebecca1

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:12:12 am »

I'm getting nowhere fast.

On a fresh xp install, no matter what codecs I install I can't get rid of the pesky error 200: (intervideo dialog).

I've tried with nero, powerdvd7 & cccp no matter what combination of decoders and renderers it always comes back with the error.

One thing I have noticed is the list of dvd filters is always empty. On my desktop this is populated and I can double click for settings etc..

Can anyone help please?

rebecca1

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 12:20:23 pm »

I've fixed it!

Turns out that there were some problems with the nvidia audio drivers. Downloaded again and installed and then reinstalled cccp and now seems fine.

bounce bounce :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up