INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature request - automatic pan and zoom in slideshow, like iPhoto  (Read 986 times)

Jinster

• Recent member

I have been looking at the new Macs lately. And the thing that really impressed me was the iPhoto slideshow. The automatical panning and zooming effects adds a lot to an otherwise boring slideshow. It also gives a more "being there" sense when you look at high res photos. Sure, you don't see the whole photo with this effect activated, but there is for me a rare need to see my entire holiday photo from edge to edge. I far prefer the extra dynamism from the effects.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: feature request - automatic pan and zoom in slideshow, like iPhoto
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:45:23 pm »

It's there.  Has been for about three years.

P for Pan.

Jinster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 09:52:02 pm »

Thanks Jim. You are of course absolutely right. Man, MC has so many features it can be difficult to know what everything does or how to do certain things. I also found and tried the fade transition effects.

I have noticed one thing though: the image doesn't fade to the next while the zooming and panning is going on. So effect becomes: full zoom/pan, pause, then fade to next image.

I don't know if other people agree with this or sees this as necessary, but the attractiveness of the iPhoto's effects is that the fading starts before the image is completely zoomed/panned. It gives the whole thing a sense of seemless flow - very tranquil, less mechanical/computer-like.

Would this be something that's easy to implement?

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:11:54 am »

I agree that the zooming/fading still needs a bit of refinement.  Beyond the late fade, it also seems that the zoom vector takes an abrupt turn or two near the end of the zoom that also ruins the flow.  Finally, why isn't this something that can be configured in the Image Playback Settings, instead of an option hidden in the Advanced Image Commands menu that you have to turn on manually every time you start a slideshow?

-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up