INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAY NEXT VIDEO FILE IN QUEUE  (Read 1297 times)

chaudhari

• Recent member
PLAY NEXT VIDEO FILE IN QUEUE
« on: December 28, 2007, 09:45:54 pm »

I want to play the video files (DVD Clips) one after the other by adding them in the queue. My problem is that-- When I click the play button the first file in the queue plays fine but MC will not jump to the next file. Moreover, The NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons also don't work. The same thing works fine with the audio files i.e. it jumps to the next track in the queue/playing now list when the previous track is over. However, it doesn't do that with the video files. I noticed that after the first video file in the queue/playing now list is over, MC will still stay in PLAY mode forever with the track position stuck at the end and the STOP and PAUSE buttons remain highlighted.

I am using the Powerdvd 7 audio and video decoder with MC 12.0.400.

I am stuck because of this problem

Anybody???????

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: PLAY NEXT VIDEO FILE IN QUEUE
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 07:37:20 am »

Next and previous buttons should work.

Try Up or Down arrow to get the on screen controls.

Try changing the behavior in MC's options for General.

Right click also has some options.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 01:53:47 pm »

Had the same thing. For me it worked to deselect "Use Windows Media Player engine for video playback when possible" in "Tools -> Options -> Playback -> Video: DirectShow playback settings...".

I then had some quality problems. After playing around half a day with this I found that the "Video Mixing Renderer 9" causes some quality problems for me. Since I'm using the "Enhanced Video Renderer" I have no problems with MC and Video Playback.

chaudhari

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 02:58:52 pm »

Next and previous buttons should work.
They work only when I press the stop button. They don’t work when the video clips are playing.

Try Up or Down arrow to get the on screen controls.
I get the up and down on screen controls and all of them work. But I don’t get next and previous controls there. If I play the complete DVD I can use the right and left arrow to change chapters but when playing separate DVD clips it doesn’t work.

Try changing the behavior in MC's options for General.
Tried no success

Right click also has some options.
Tried the on-screen right click Next (Ctrl+N) and Previous (Ctrl+L) but no luck.

chaudhari

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 03:06:32 pm »

Had the same thing. For me it worked to deselect "Use Windows Media Player engine for video playback when possible" in "Tools -> Options -> Playback -> Video: DirectShow playback settings...".

I then had some quality problems. After playing around half a day with this I found that the "Video Mixing Renderer 9" causes some quality problems for me. Since I'm using the "Enhanced Video Renderer" I have no problems with MC and Video Playback.

I already have "Use Windows Media Player engine for video playback when possible" deselected.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 08:33:05 pm »

For DVD Next/Previous buttons or Ctrl + N/L keys change from chapter to chapter. I am not sure whether we handle it correctly when DVD reaches the end of movie. I will take a look on Wednesday. For DVD there is always an issue when the end of movies is reached. DVD brings you back to root menu. Supposedly there are more stuff to play (extra features). Therefore I am not sure what is the best way to handle this.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

chaudhari

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 10:34:14 pm »

For DVD Next/Previous buttons or Ctrl + N/L keys change from chapter to chapter. I am not sure whether we handle it correctly when DVD reaches the end of movie. I will take a look on Wednesday. For DVD there is always an issue when the end of movies is reached. DVD brings you back to root menu. Supposedly there are more stuff to play (extra features). Therefore I am not sure what is the best way to handle this.

I created a workaround using NetRemote and Girder but it’s ugly.

function Next()
local tp = NetRemote.GetVariable('MP.TrackPosition')
local tl = NetRemote.GetVariable('MP.TrackLength')
  if NetRemote.GetVariable('MP.Filter') == 'Clip' then
    if (tl ~= '' or tl ~= '0') then
     if tp == tl then
      NetRemote.ExecuteAction(-1,0,1, 'NEXT')
   end;
    end;
  end;
end;

I have created a custom field in MC ‘Filter’ that I populate based on if it’s a DVD clip or something else. The above function triggers an event ‘NEXT’ when the clip reaches the end. This NEXT event triggers a Girder macro that in turn sets STOP, STOP, NEXT, PLAY, DISPLAY VIEW respectively.

I look forward to a better of doing what I am doing....
Pages: [1]   Go Up