INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where Is JimH?  (Read 3384 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Where Is JimH?
« on: August 10, 2002, 01:57:52 pm »

In The Past 2-3 Days JimH Seems To Be Shy.

I Hope Everything Is Ok

The Following Song Toped The U.S.A. Charts At 05 In 1983

Listening to: 'Too Shy' from 'Sounds Of The Eighties 1983' by 'Kajagoogoo' on Media Jukebox

The Following Song Toped The U.S.A. Charts At 03 In 1980

Listening to: 'He's So Shy' from 'Unknown Album Name' by 'Pointer Sisters' on Media Jukebox

The Following Song Toped The U.S.A. Charts At 03 In 1966

Listening to: 'Nowhere Man' from 'Red Album 1962-1966' by 'Beatles' on Media Jukebox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

gateley

RE:Where Is JimH?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 02:13:58 pm »

He is alive and well...

j

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 02:47:51 pm »

I'm in Colorado on vacation
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 02:54:19 pm »

Been There..

I Flew Many Hours In My OH-58 A\C Over The Nice Landscape
Fayetteville, NC, USA

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2002, 01:37:11 am »

And I thought you were wandering in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights burning bush and getting inspiration for v9 !!!

Mind you I expect Colorado's pretty nice this time of year too...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

sekim

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2002, 03:36:10 am »

PhatPhreddy,

I checked out the GUI's for windows or whatever it is. The Talisman site. Anyway, do you just use that on a computer for HTPC, or anytime you have one running? It seems like the site has had some questionable moments concerning Deviant Art downloadable themes.

Also, if you do use it on everything, does it slow anything down much?

OOPS!! Hi Jim. Have fun out there. Used to live in WY. when I was a teen. Went down to CO. on occasion, always nice.

Near any of the aftermath?

zevele

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2002, 06:58:13 am »

Have a nice time in Colorado

You may write a small article about Colorado when back.

Will do it about Vienna when back home in 2 days and get my computer back

There is very very strong rain here,i am trap inside the internet cafe for now ,cannot go outside

nivw

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2002, 04:05:23 pm »

"Me is wondering wather to do me vaction this summer in europe (Amsterdam) or in America (NY). Can ya help me decide?"

Hope that the Ali G style got you :-)

Niv

hvy duty

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2002, 05:41:36 pm »

JimH
Has been everywhere what about Gateley and John come on Jim send them over to Europe we may have Jukebox 12 when they get back.
Have a good trip Jim

AlonsoN

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2002, 07:09:15 pm »

In Colorado, huh?  Keep the matches in your pocket.  Don't want to see you in the news for the wrong reason.

Have fun.  

Ignore us, we'll behave.

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2002, 12:10:44 am »

MachineHead, Well I was all into Talisman a year or so ago and I dont find it has much delay on my machines but then I do tend to upgrade a lot (I can count over 10ghz in processors around me !!) I dont quite know about the Deviant Art problems but talisman is a very slick user interface...

Those ones were simple front ends to HTPC's (single purpose only machines) to hide to hide the computer look on my projector...

nivw, is you wondering where to chill... If its Ali going, den nuff said the dam it is... Then again for a real person that whole scene gets boring after a few days... Lived in Holland for 5 odd years until last month (still have bizo there) but tried to stay away from the tourist soddom and gemorra angle of the dam...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

harry The Hipster

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2002, 05:35:10 am »

Worked in Cripple Creek 40 years ago. Went back with the wife and  kiddos in the early 1980s, everything was quite different. Paved streets, candle shops, etc. Like Satchel Paige said, never look back.

Don't know if you're into climbing Jim (non-technical), but the Mosquitos, out towards Fairplay and Buena Vista were nice ascents. All around 13k, but a pretty straight shot up the mountain.

HTH

Listening to: 'Rocky Mountain Blues' from 'The Complete Prestige / Bluesville Recordings (Disc 6)' by 'Lightnin' Hopkins' on Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2002, 05:41:31 am »

harry The Hipster

I was in colorado springs from 1993-1995

I liked it there, i knew some people who were working at apple and cray computers (they both had a factory near there).

I learned alot from them.

Always nice to see pikes peek frome where ever you were at in the area. reminded me when i was in washington state with Mt. Rainier always in the picture.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2002, 06:11:20 am »

(WOT)

King:

I spent some time in the Springs in the early 60s. Was a pretty wild town then, but apparently has quieted down a bit. Used to be a place called the Starlight Lounge (every town has one), on Pikes Peak Avenue. down the street from the Antlers. Always something happening, sometimes legal, sometimes not.

Like they say, if I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. About all I can handle now is the Early Bird Special.

HTH

Listening to: 'River Man' from 'Progression - Art of the Trio Vol. 5' by 'Brad Mehldau' on Media Jukebox

JimH

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2002, 07:31:04 am »

Thanks for the hiking tips.  Yesterday I tried Long's Peak, which is 14,000 feet.  The trailhead starts around 9,000 feet.  I did the climb when I was 18.  It was a lot easier.  They must have added something to the mountain or moved the trailhead down a ways.

I thought, "I won't try to do the whole thing.  I'll just go until I get tired, then turn around."  Well, that would have been about 10 minutes into the hike, so I started resting frequently and then trudging on.  People were passing me like I was roadkill.

I made it about 2 1/2 miles and around 2000 feet up.  About half way down, I began wondering if I'd make it back.  One knee was screaming at me and the rest wasn't much better.

Last night I was pretty lame and rolled around in paind in bed, thinking "you dope".

Today most of the pain is gone and I'm getting around OK again.  I think I'll take a break on the hiking.  Maybe do a mile or two tomorrow to see what breaks.

Here's proof that I made it to timberline yesterday!

Jim Hillegass

AlonsoN

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2002, 07:51:08 am »

Last night I was pretty lame and rolled around in paind in bed, thinking "you dope".

One word: Alieve.  It's the best friend of the not-as-young-as-used-to-be-but-going-to-play-anyway kind of guy.  Take two after playing, live to play another day.  Forget and pay.  Your choice.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2002, 10:58:39 am »

>> Maybe do a mile or two tomorrow to see what breaks.
I hear you

New Camera? Or are you just using another pic size?
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2002, 11:14:03 am »

It's a new camera.  Sony DSC P9, I think.  It's 4.2 megapixels.  The old one was 3.2.  Both images were resized to 50%.

I've been shooting all day, then unloading from the memory stick into the Sony VAIO Picturebook and then importing them into....MJ 9.0!  So every night I have a slideshow with music.

The best pictures, I think, are of the derelict wooden buildings I saw along the drive out here.  Stopped 8 or 10 times and turned around to take pictures.  Some lonely old critters out there on the plains.
Jim Hillegass

JimH

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2002, 03:29:47 pm »

Limped around yesterday in the lower altitudes, being careful for once, but today I started back up the trail to Long's Peak.  This time I made it another couple of miles and I can still walk tonight.  That's progress.

Here are two pictures taken from more or less the same spot near the point where I turned around.

One is Long's Peak and the other is an alpine lake down below it.
[photos at 40% this time]

Jim Hillegass

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2002, 03:55:05 pm »

They are some nice pictures.

i kind of thought you got a better camera, i can really see the pictures are allot cleaner.

i was playing with my sisters when i was on vacation, but i did not like the quality (it was a 1.6 megpix) sony.

you know there is a bridge there in C.O. that is like the highest bridge from the center to the ground, i forget the name of it. I flew over it one day.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2002, 03:11:26 pm »

Today was better.  I made it to the boulder field, which is about 6 miles from the trailhead and at an elevation of around 13,000 feet.

It was sunny and perfectly clear, but blowing like hell.  Gusts of 40 or 45.  As I got closer to the top, the hikers coming down looked like they had seen the horror of the universe.  They were talking 60mph at the keyhole, then 75, maybe 90.  I expected to see hikers sailing by in the air.

One problem in hiking up there is that the weather can change quickly and can be very dangerous.  They recommend starting at around 3:00 AM so you can be up to the summit and back down below timberline before the afternoon storms start.  Lately there haven't been any storms, but the talk about lightening gets my attention.

Saw ptarmigans today.  They look like rocks when they stop, big pidgeon size quail when they move.  Also saw deer mice.  They have faces and ears like mice, are about half the size of a small rabbit and seem oblivious to the hikers.  They have a little bark that reminds me of the prairie dogs I saw in Nebraska last week.

Going home and going to bed now.  Maybe tomorrow.
Jim Hillegass

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2002, 03:19:36 pm »

>> Also saw deer mice. They have faces and ears like mice,
>> are about half the size of a small rabbit
Are you Sure They Are Not Prarie Dogs, They Have Allot Of Them Around There.

Also Allot Of Hanta Virus.

'Aint No Mountain High Enough' Topped Charts At 01 In 1970

Listening to: 'Aint No Mountain High Enough' from 'Diana Ross' by 'Diana Ross' on Media Jukebox

Since Your In The 'John Denver' State

'Rocky Mountain High' Topped Charts At 09 In 1973

Listening to: 'Rocky Mountain High' from 'John Denver' by 'John Denver' on Media Jukebox
Fayetteville, NC, USA

RemyJ

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2002, 03:30:42 pm »

>>you know there is a bridge there in C.O. that is like the highest bridge from the center to the ground, i forget the name of it. I flew over it one day.

Royal Gorge
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2002, 03:48:31 pm »

>> Royal Gorge
Ok

I Was Higher Than It, But It Was A Long Way Down From The Bridge Too.

Nice View

'Bridge Over Troubled Water' Topped Charts At 01 In 1970

Listening to: 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' from 'Greatest Hits' by 'Simon And Garfunkel' on Media Jukebox
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Scronch

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2002, 02:24:40 am »

>Also a lot Of Hanta Virus.

Hanta la Virus, Baby!

Nasty stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up