INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view, video positioning and presets?  (Read 2141 times)

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater view, video positioning and presets?
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:07:28 am »

Hi,

Today I have been looking into if I can use MC also for video playback in our theater room.
I have it playing dvd's and all our video formats play ok too. So far so good :)

One important feature I use a lot with Zoomplayer seems to be missing though and this is the ability to vertically move the image up and down. I only see an option to move the image when zoomed in. We mask our 16:9 screen from the top with 2.35:1 movies for an optimal viewing angle. So I have to move the video image down. In zoomplayer I can do that easily with the cursor keys and positioning presets. Normally I just select the 2.35:1 preset in zp and then if the subtitles are below the image I move the image up a bit with the up key on the remote. Is there any way to do something similar with mc in theater view?

On a side note. Zoomplayer also has a neat feature to jump to any position in a video file like this. It shows the current time hh:mm:ss in a popup. Then with the left and right key you select hh, mm, ss and with the up and down key you change the selected item. Hit enter and it jumps to the new time. Works very well and fast. Maybe something you could consider for theater view someday.

thanks,

peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater view, video positioning and presets?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:27:17 am »

Try the up arrow and down arrow to get the On Screen Display.

)p(

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:58:49 am »

Try the up arrow and down arrow to get the On Screen Display.

Yes I did that. But I dont see an option there to move the video up or down vertically within the display. I only see an option for vertical positioning that when zoom is larger then 100%. And that does not move the image to the lower part of the screen. Am I missing something obvious here?

peter

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 08:59:04 am »

You could use MC to launch the movie in Zoomplayer. Make sure that Zoomplayer is set as the default player for the file type(s) you want it to play. After importing the file/movie into MC and adding coverart, change the Media Type tag to Data. I then tag them with a Media Sub Type of Movie. You also have to change the Filename tag if you imported a DVD because MC appends some info to the end of the file name. You will want to make a view scheme that includes all Media Sub Types of Movie.

When in Theater View (or normal view), when you select the movie to play it will launch Zoomplayer and play the movie. After the movie is over and Zoomplayer closes, you will return back to Theater View. The only disadvantage of this method is that if you are playing music, you must stop it manually before launching the movie.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 09:23:12 am »

You could use MC to launch the movie in Zoomplayer. Make sure that Zoomplayer is set as the default player for the file type(s) you want it to play. After importing the file/movie into MC and adding coverart, change the Media Type tag to Data. I then tag them with a Media Sub Type of Movie. You also have to change the Filename tag if you imported a DVD because MC appends some info to the end of the file name. You will want to make a view scheme that includes all Media Sub Types of Movie.

When in Theater View (or normal view), when you select the movie to play it will launch Zoomplayer and play the movie. After the movie is over and Zoomplayer closes, you will return back to Theater View. The only disadvantage of this method is that if you are playing music, you must stop it manually before launching the movie.

That's a great tip.

Sorry about the minor threadjack: I wonder if it'll work for my h.264 1080p TS files that slow to a crawl in areas using CoreAVC, but work fine in PowerDVD, which utilises the h264 acceleration of my 8800GT? I'd have to change my smartlists to include "video" as a media subtype too, but it should work; the .TS would still show in Theater view, but launch in PowerDVD when asked to play, right?

)p(

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 09:38:56 am »

You could use MC to launch the movie in Zoomplayer.

Yes i have been thinking about doing just that. Thanks for the detailed explanation how to set it up :)

Still I hope jriver will add the ability to move the video up and down with the remote. I have everything else working perfectly. It would be a shame if I would have to depend on an external program for this.

Maybe someone of jriver could comment if the addition of this feature is likely to happen anytime soon?

If not, I either go with your suggestion or stay with zp for the theater room. That would be less of a hassle  but would be a shame as the theaterview interface is so much nicer then zp's library.

peter

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 04:26:09 pm »

It's by design that we don't allow moving the video when not zoomed.  This is harder than always letting it be moved, but seemed appropriate to us.

However, your screen masking example is a pretty good argument for why you'd want to move it anyway.

We'll see what we can do.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 04:27:56 pm »

You may try seeking using the OSD by pressing left + right when viewing position.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

)p(

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 12:49:14 am »

However, your screen masking example is a pretty good argument for why you'd want to move it anyway.

We'll see what we can do.

Thanks for considering my request :)

peter

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 06:36:02 pm »

Quote from: fitbrit
Sorry about the minor threadjack: I wonder if it'll work for my h.264 1080p TS files that slow to a crawl in areas using CoreAVC, but work fine in PowerDVD, which utilises the h264 acceleration of my 8800GT? I'd have to change my smartlists to include "video" as a media subtype too, but it should work; the .TS would still show in Theater view, but launch in PowerDVD when asked to play, right?
Yes, that should work.

)p(

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 03:13:49 pm »

12.0.418 (1/18/2008)

5. Changed: Video scrolling is now available even if video is not zoomed in.

Thanks for the fast implementation of my request for this ;)

peter

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 04:49:04 pm »

Yes, that should work.

Thanks for the confirmation!
Pages: [1]   Go Up