INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some smartlist help if you have the time :)  (Read 768 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
Some smartlist help if you have the time :)
« on: January 02, 2008, 06:01:17 am »

I have a huge folder of mp3s that are from various artists. I would like to set up 2 smartlists and i cant imagine how do do it.
The first, id like to get a list of all the tracks that have 5 tracks by the same artist in this directory.  in other words i want to exclude any files that have less than 4 files by the same artist in this directory.
The second. Id like a list of all files that have an artist in common with any other artist in my collection (excluding multiple artist albums)
Any chance some of the gurus out there have an idea as to how to do either of these?
Thanks in advance for the help!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Some smartlist help if you have the time :)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 12:26:29 pm »

I have a huge folder of mp3s that are from various artists. I would like to set up 2 smartlists and i cant imagine how do do it.
The first, id like to get a list of all the tracks that have 5 tracks by the same artist in this directory.  in other words i want to exclude any files that have less than 4 files by the same artist in this directory.
MC cannot do this kind of search at the moment.

The second. Id like a list of all files that have an artist in common with any other artist in my collection (excluding multiple artist albums)
Any chance some of the gurus out there have an idea as to how to do either of these?
Thanks in advance for the help!
Make 3 smartlists:

1. [filename (path)]="enter base path of your collection here" [mix album]=0 ~nodup=[artist]
2. [filename (path)]="enter path to huge folder here"
3. [Media Type]=[Audio] playlistid=use smart list editor to obtain ~dup=[Artist]

List 1 will return a single file from every artist in your main collection (excluding multiple artist albums)
List 2 simply lists every file in your huge directory
List 3 combines lists 1 and 2, then removes any files that don't have duplicates. Apply sorting to this list that suits you best, [file name] would group the "huge folder" files together. Use the smart list editor to add the "Playlists=" rule to list 3

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up