INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A tested, perfectly working ATSC card?  (Read 2835 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
A tested, perfectly working ATSC card?
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:09:01 pm »

Please advise me on a PCI TV tuner card that I should buy that works perfectly with Media Center.  It needs to support both ATSC and NTSC well.  I prefer lower prices, too.

benn600

Re: A tested, perfectly working ATSC card?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 08:30:12 pm »

I just want to buy a NTSC/ATSC tuner card that works VERY well with Media Center as soon as possible.  Price isn't really an issue anymore.  I just need one because not having working television on our kitchen HTPC is starting to become a big issue.

Please tell me what recent cards have been tested and work with MC well?  That I can buy, hopefully on one of the big sites: Buy.com, Newegg, or Amazon.  I need to order one asap.  My Hauppauge apparently isn't fully supported because I have some issues.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 08:34:53 pm »

I have not tested any PCI card recently. Hope other users can share their experiences.

My most recent test was a USB device - KWorld PlusTV HD Stick. It is a ATSC/NTSC hybrid. Works well.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

benn600

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:10:18 am »

I think the main issue I was having was the computer.  I tried the Hauppaugue card I have in a different computer and it worked okay in Media Center.  The only issue I found was that the audio kept skipping/stuttering continuously and very quickly.  The picture was fine but the audio had some sort of issue that is tough to explain--but was definitely there.  Any experience with audio issues?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 02:25:36 pm »

I think the main issue I was having was the computer.  I tried the Hauppaugue card I have in a different computer and it worked okay in Media Center.  The only issue I found was that the audio kept skipping/stuttering continuously and very quickly.  The picture was fine but the audio had some sort of issue that is tough to explain--but was definitely there.  Any experience with audio issues?

I have seen stuttering audio in some devices (analog TV portion). Those devices need to be treated individually to get audio rendered correctly as I have no way of telling which device will likely have the problem.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up