INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem: iPod ratings overwriting MC ratings  (Read 2742 times)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
Problem: iPod ratings overwriting MC ratings
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:54:46 am »

I'm having some troubles with MC 12.0.404. The problem started some builds ago, but i can't tell the exact build, because i just recently noticed the problem.

When i rate a track in MC, the rating is overwritten by the rating of the track on the iPod upon synching. I've initialized the iPod both with iTunes and in MC, but the problem persists.

Description of symptoms/steps to recreate:
- I rate a track in MC, to a different value than the track on the iPod has. That track has been previously synched to the iPod, and is part of one or more playlists/smartlists in MC, and some smartlists i'm synching to the iPod. The track hasn't been played on the iPod.
- After connecting the iPod and waiting for "Calculating transfer" to finish, the rating in the MC database will be that of the track on the iPod.
- For testing, i left the iPod connected, rated the track in MC again (of course to a different value than on the iPod), and did a "Recheck sync". Now the rating stays at the "correct" value, the one i have set in MC.

I hope this description makes any sense. The problem is a large one for me, because i'm heavily using the rating functions both on the iPod and in MC. The fact that there is no way to tell which ratings have been changed after synching makes the problem much worse.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
Re: Problem: iPod ratings overwriting MC ratings
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:29:22 pm »

*Bump*

The problem still exists in 12.0.410. Is anyone seeing similar stuff?

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 08:29:00 am »

Same problem here. I had not noticed it since I mainly rate on the iPod.

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 04:33:07 pm »

We will look into it. In the meantime uncheck the "Get play stats from handheld on connect" setting in options for you iPod.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:12:44 pm »

Thanks for the reply! By unchecking the "Get play stats from handheld on connect" option, ratings won't be transferred from the iPod to the MC database, right?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 05:46:44 pm »

and play counts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up