INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Sound, Video @ 1FPS  (Read 5294 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Good Sound, Video @ 1FPS
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:57:33 am »

I was having difficulty with my Happauge 1600 in one computer.  It just wouldn't work.  (I may have figured out why)

But I moved it to a different system.  The video looked fine but the audio stuttered horribly.

Now I am trying yet another system and the audio sounds fine but the video is playing at about 1 FPS.

I have tried the Primary program that is included to adjust overlay, etc., but am not sure if it makes any change in MC or what settings to use.  Why might it be playing at 1 FPS?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Good Sound, Video @ 1FPS
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:14:11 pm »

I suppose you are trying to play HDTV. Go to TV Options, Digital TV tab to select a video decoder and an audio decoder.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

benn600

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 08:29:35 pm »

I am playing back standard definition NTSC.  It only shows about 1 frame per second.  I believe ATSC plays back fine.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 09:24:08 am »

While it is playing, right-click and check "DirectShow Filters" submenu. Let me know what filters are listed (all active as well as greyed-out ones). (Post a screen shot if you can).

benn600

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 09:01:24 pm »

Here are the filters:

When, in theater view, I exit full screen and the video plays in the left box (still in theater view), it appears to play quite nicely and possibly perfectly.

benn600

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 01:54:47 am »

I should add that I'm 99% sure I remember the ATSC channels displaying fine.  For some strange reason we aren't getting our main channels in over digital ATSC so I'm forced to use NTSC for the time being.  I would greatly prefer the digital channels.

Any quick hints on what I may have setup (hardware wise) incorrectly that would not let me get the VHF channels?  Our UHF channels seem to work fine but the lower ones are the important news, etc. ones.  We have just an antenna on the roof...I know it's a nice (and big) one but have no idea what it supports as far as digital HD or what it needs to support.  I suppose it could be some box we're using that's ruining the signal.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 09:39:00 am »

I have a guess at what is causing this. It seems a lot of these hybrid devices are cutting corners on NTSC part. They do not have separate preview and capture pins for video, and separate preview pins for audio. Somehow the Microsoft Smart Tee filter just does not do what it is supposed to do.

Please email me a log file so I can add a fix for this specific device.

benn600

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 07:15:05 pm »

Thanks!

I sent you a log Yaobing sometime this morning.  Thanks for your assistance!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 03:36:40 pm »

Thanks!

I sent you a log Yaobing sometime this morning.  Thanks for your assistance!

The email did not arrive. Can you try again? yaobing at jriver dot com

benn600

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 09:00:43 pm »

I sent you an email.  The previous time I sent it I meant I sent you a personal message on Interact.

Thanks for your help!

benn600

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 10:09:16 am »

Just wanted to check in.  Hopefully you received the log I sent you.  Everyone here appreciates your efforts on fixing the 1600!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 10:59:17 am »

Just wanted to check in.  Hopefully you received the log I sent you.  Everyone here appreciates your efforts on fixing the 1600!

Sorry for taking so long. I am working on it today. Please do one more thing for me:

While playing an analog channel, right click and go to "DirectShow filters" submenu and click "Copy graph info to clipboard". Then paste the info here.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »

I made a first attempt at fixing this. It is currently in build 419, which is available on beta board only. If you are not a beta tester, you will have to wait until it is released to public. Please test it when you can.

benn600

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 03:15:27 pm »

Thanks.  I will await public release and then respond with what you asked for and if it fixed the problem.

Also, this may be a different issue or it could be fixed by the other issue fix but it seems like when the TV tuner is used, the monitor will not turn off until the computer is restarted.  Almost like something hardware wise is not losing its control so the monitor stays on indefinitely.  Perhaps MC is not fully closing view mode so it keeps the monitor on?  I'll see if your update helps on this issue.

benn600

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 04:40:38 pm »

Nice work Yaobing!  It appears to have fixed the problem 100%!  Analog channels now play as good as I could ask them to.  The graph info is below if you still need it.

Now when playing digital channels, they sort of default to having large black bars on all sides.  If I adjust to an aspect ratio, it seems to stretch and fill the screen but can this be a default?

Filter Graph Info (TV graph):

Filter 'Default DSound Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Filename: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'VideoMixingRenderer9'
        CLSID: {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A}
        Filename: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Capture' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_UYVY, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Filename: ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'Analog Video In'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Decoder Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio In'
            Connected to pin '1: Audio Decoder Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'Capture'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'VideoMixingRenderer9'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_UYVY, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'Audio Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DSound Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'VBI'
        Output Pin 'HWCC'
        Output Pin '656'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'
        CLSID: {71F96460-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Filename: ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin '0: Video Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Tuner'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin '1: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '2: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '3: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '4: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '5: Audio Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 TvAudio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin '6: Audio Line In'
        Input Pin '7: Audio Line In'
        Output Pin '0: Video Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
        Output Pin '1: Audio Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 TvAudio'
        CLSID: {71F96462-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Filename: ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin 'TVAudio In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Tuner'
        Output Pin 'TVAudio Out'
            Connected to pin '5: Audio Tuner In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Tuner'
        CLSID: {266EEE40-6C63-11CF-8A03-00AA006ECB65}
        Filename: kstvtune.ax
        Output Pin 'Analog Video'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Tuner In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'
        Output Pin 'Analog Audio'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 TvAudio'

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 05:31:38 pm »

Nice work Yaobing!  It appears to have fixed the problem 100%!  Analog channels now play as good as I could ask them to.  The graph info is below if you still need it.

I still expect to have problems recording and time-shifting. Can you try recording? While a channel is playing, right-click and choose "TV Recording -> Start Recording". If it starts recording, you would see stats showing at the bottom of screen. Right click "TV Recording -> Stop Recording" to stop. If it does not work (I expect it does not), email me a log file again.

Now when playing digital channels, they sort of default to having large black bars on all sides.  If I adjust to an aspect ratio, it seems to stretch and fill the screen but can this be a default?

The default is to fit source rectangle in video window without cropping. What kind of channel (SD or HD)? What kind of display (4:3 or 16:9)? Here are examples in which black bars appear on all four sides:

1. HD channel, but movie is 4:3. TV station puts bars on left and right. Display is 4:3. Technically, MC is displaying a 16:9 source (with bars) on 4:3 display, so MC adds bars top and right.

2. SD channel, but the movie is 16:9. TV station adds bars top and bottom. Display is 16:9. MC is trying to show 4:3 source on 16:9 display, so bars are added left and right.

Does either one describe your situation? If so, choose "Crop" aspect ratio option to fix it.

benn600

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 07:11:19 pm »

I will try time shifting...hopefully now and post again.  But I want to say that I am still seeing some stuttering.  Another user of the system even noticed.  I thought it was hardly noticeable but apparently it really is (somewhat) noticeable.  At this point, digital channels seem to stutter the most.

benn600

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 07:20:01 pm »

With digital channels, pausing seems to work quite well.  I don't like how when I push Play/Pause (to start time shifting) how the screen usually flashes to black for a few seconds.

With analog channels, when I push pause it flashes black and sort of stays there.  I then started pushing buttons (stop/play/pause, etc.) and it looked like it did something.  Not really sure what it did, sorry.  But it looks like something needs tweaked a bit here.

Digital channel audio is very quiet compared to analog channels.  Any idea how to boost digital channel audio?  Is it something to do with 5.1 audio not correctly being mixed for 2 speakers, which is what I'm using?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 09:14:16 pm »

Not sure about stuttering. Digital channel stuttering could be caused by video decoder, or simply weak signal.

Can you try recording an analog channel? I had coded in some logging for analog recording, which would give me some clue on how to do recording and time-shifting. To be sure, please try both recording and time-shifting in one session and email/link/pm me a log file. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up