Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rio50  (Read 514 times)

m4him

• Pastor
rio50
« on: August 10, 2002, 05:51:38 am »

Windows XP
Current download of Media Jukebox

I had to use RealOne Player to upload to my Rio500.  Media Jukebox goes through all the motions as if it uploaded but nothing is on the player when it is finished then the program crashes if I try to upload again.  Also had the program crash in the middle of an attempted upload and it crashed Windows XP causing a hard reboot when i restarted MJ.

Steve

RE:rio50
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2002, 05:38:13 pm »

m4him,

Almost certainly this is a driver problem. To work well with MJ you need to get the Rio drivers installed that come with the MJ Plugin. If XP has already installed the drivers that come with it, I would suggest that you remove them fully by following the directions at

http://www.sonicblue.com/support/rio/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Legacy_Rio&item=faqs&product=Rio_500_PC#20399

Also uninstall the Rio Plugin for MJ. Make sure your Rio is disconnected and reboot.

After you reboot and BEFORE you connect your Rio, download the MJ Rio plugin. When you connect your Rio and XP asks if you want to install the default drivers, DO NOT accept the default, instead, point the installation to look in your System32 directory where it will find the drivers that we distribute with the Plug-in.

After this, you should be set. If you are still stuck email me at steve @ jriver.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up