INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add to end of playing now  (Read 2017 times)

p7389

• World Citizen
Add to end of playing now
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:06:16 pm »

I think that in [context menu > send to > Play (Zone 1) > ***] there should be an option to add to end of the current playlist, in addition to the multitude of options that's there already (it's actually sort of strange.. add to beginning is there, why not add to end?).

Also, there should be a keyboard shortcut for it, i.e. ctrl + click on a track automatically adds it to the end of current playing now (and eg alt + click adds it as the next to be played). It would definitely be handy when queuing tracks or albums (currently I drag them with the mouse, which works well enough, but at times I'd really appreciate just double-clicking (and holding the appropriate key, of course).
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Add to end of playing now
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:15:11 pm »

I think that in [context menu > send to > Play (Zone 1) > ***] there should be an option to add to end of the current playlist, in addition to the multitude of options that's there already (it's actually sort of strange.. add to beginning is there, why not add to end?).

I think this could be because the command "Add" in this list just adds the selected song(s) to the end of the playlist :P

gappie

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 04:22:19 am »

Also, there should be a keyboard shortcut for it, i.e. ctrl + click on a track automatically adds it to the end of current playing now (and eg alt + click adds it as the next to be played). It would definitely be handy when queuing tracks or albums (currently I drag them with the mouse, which works well enough, but at times I'd really appreciate just double-clicking (and holding the appropriate key, of course).
indeed, rightclick using add does this. when you want to do that to different zones it might be handy to raise the 'right click recent command count' (options>tree & View>advanced).
an other option is to change the double click behaviour to 'add to playing now (to end)' (options>general>behaviour>double click) and use the play under the thumb or under rightclick for imediate playback.
gab

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:49:11 am »

Heh what do you know ;)... I considered them all out except the ordinary one - how very stupid of me!

Still, I believe s keyboard shortcut access would be nice - but as you say, there are other ways (but as for standard double click, I prefar that to replace the playing now).

Many thanks for enlightening me to the option to add more recent commands into the context menu. Very good.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 09:21:28 am »

I use the following General > Behavior options:

Double-click: Add to Playing Now (to end)
Jump on Play: None
Play Button: Play Playing Now

Usually I have a playlist playing when I browse for other files. I can add new files simply by double-clicking or by pressing enter in a library view.

For actually replacing the Playing Now list with the selection I need to use Right-click > Play, but that's not a problem for me.

Normally I want to continue browsing the library just where I happen to be, so I keep the Jump on Play option disabled.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:50:02 am »

Heh what do you know ;)... I considered them all out except the ordinary one - how very stupid of me!
[...]

:D You can believe me: I know how you feel ;)

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 09:51:32 am »

OK, I'm going to try out that setup for a while. Sounds promising, if I can just get used to the change. Thanks for the reply.

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 03:18:07 pm »

I changed back ;) At least the double-click behaviour: it suits the way I chose music. I usually chose one album at the same, by double clicking the album name in the pane... and most of the time I won't add anything else until the album is over, at which point I start something else - and having the playlist automatically cleared is nice then. For the times when I do construct playlists, it'd be swell if I could alter the double-click behavious to add to end with a key. It could be an option in behaviour options, "secondary double-click behaviour" (when holding ctrl) so that people could set up a combo of primary and secondary behaviours in the way that suits them the most.

gappie

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 04:47:39 pm »

I changed back ;) At least the double-click behaviour: it suits the way I chose music. I usually chose one album at the same, by double clicking the album name in the pane... and most of the time I won't add anything else until the album is over, at which point I start something else - and having the playlist automatically cleared is nice then. For the times when I do construct playlists, it'd be swell if I could alter the double-click behavious to add to end with a key. It could be an option in behaviour options, "secondary double-click behaviour" (when holding ctrl) so that people could set up a combo of primary and secondary behaviours in the way that suits them the most.
actually i think it is a great idea. i thought it would be nice if it could be something you could change in the recourse.xml, where the keyboard is defined. like ctrl:(click), but there is no mcc command i could find to add something to playing now and click is not there also. just a thought.

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 07:10:39 pm »

actually i think it is a great idea. i thought it would be nice if it could be something you could change in the recourse.xml, where the keyboard is defined. like ctrl:(click), but there is no mcc command i could find to add something to playing now and click is not there also. just a thought.

Has something like this been implemented? This still annoys me...

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:35 am »

I use the following General > Behavior options:

Double-click: Add to Playing Now (to end)
Jump on Play: None
Play Button: Play Playing Now

That's an important option to set when listening & browsing at the same time.

If you are in a another view and have to pause playback, when you resume it continues where you left off.

However if the option is set to 'play visble files', MC will replace everything that is in PN and add everything thats in the viewscheme you happen to be in, to PN.

Not saying its a bug, both options have their uses, just think its useful to know :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up