INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's Some HTPC Wallpaper  (Read 2507 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Here's Some HTPC Wallpaper
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:13:43 am »

With my HTPCs around, I definitely needed some wallpaper.  I always realize after a short while with servers and dedicated machines that wallpaper can really spice them up a bit.  Finally I got a working batch script that will close, wait, and restart MC and I added this to the MC theater view homepage.  So I can refresh the MC database on my HTPCs when needed.  But during a refresh or if something goes wrong, I want some helpful info.  That's where wallpaper comes in.  I thought about putting a piece of paper near the HTPCs but wallpaper seems to work well, too.  I have my HTPCs setup to autologon to my "Media" account which has read only access on only media folders on the server.

Here's the wallpaper I made in full 1080p glory. I have all the original files, layers, and gradients so I can make variations based on what people want.  I'll probably listen for suggestions before deploying it around the HTPCs.  I even use a freeware auto wallpaper changer program that can scan a network drive for wallpaper so I could easily set it up to scan every day for a new wallpaper image and then I could easily update the wallpaper.  And I could have a different image for each computer--so the wallpaper could specify what HTPC it is.

http://ppcpathways.com/public/htpcwallpaper.jpg

Addition: shouldn't be too tough to crop down for letter box displays.  My goal is to get feedback, improve it, and then I can even generate high quality copies at several sizes (1080p, 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024).  So everyone offer suggestions/ideas!
Pages: [1]   Go Up