INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to play aacplus with Orban AAC-aacPlus Plugin  (Read 1641 times)

rogowar

• Recent member
  • GeekMusic, Food, the Great Outdoors.
Unable to play aacplus with Orban AAC-aacPlus Plugin
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:13:50 pm »

I read about the Orban aacPlus plugin elsewhere in the forums, but have been unable to make it work.  I have the latest iteration of the CCCP codecs, and 12.0.404 (latest build) of Media Center.  I know other DirectShow stuff is workging, as I was able to follow the instructions for enabling .mp4 playback and iPod synching.  Is there anything I need to do to enable aacPlus streaming playback?

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,"-that is all                 Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Unable to play aacplus with Orban AAC-aacPlus Plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 01:31:11 pm »

I can't think of a reason why it would not work. What are the symptoms (like MC giving an error message, or MC plays it but audio stutters etc.)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rogowar

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:15:25 pm »

The status window says Opening, then Waiting, then after about 30 seconds an error:

Media Center encountered errors trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure the path in your media library points to the right location. 

I'm trying to go to http://www.cpr.org/listen/live_newsinfo_aac.pls.  I've tried several other streams from the Orban link with the same results.
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,"-that is all                 Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 06:49:31 pm »

I am not able to play from that url in any player - Windows Media Player, iTunes, ZoomPlayer, Quicktime Player.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 07:36:36 pm »

rogowar,

Try some of the AAC+ streams on Shoutcast.  I am using the Orban plugin as well, and the AAC+ streams on that site are working for me (I just tested a couple to make sure.)  Based on Yaobing's response above, it sounds like the problem might be the specific streams you're trying and not the actual MC/Orban combo.

Note that it's still not uncommon to run into streams that aren't working for some reason, so sometimes you have to try a few when troubleshooting.  I find that Shoutcast is generally pretty good about making sure that the streams they show are actually on the air.

Larry

rogowar

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:35:00 am »

Well thanks so much for the quick responses.  I presumed because I had the same experience with the sites advertised from the Orban website that it wasn't stream related.  I'm listening now to an aac+ stream from shoutcast, clear and buzz free. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up