INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.410  (Read 21956 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 12.0.410
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 11:44:37 pm »

Unbelievable, but I didn't notice it up to now: Updating to 410 made me lose ALL my Comment & Genre Fields!! I'm right now reading all the infos back from filetags into MC Library, because the info is (for my luck) still in the files. I hope this works.

Is there a way to compare two library versions? If there is, I could compare the new library version (after re-reading the taginformation into the library) to the library version I backuped before updating to 410  ?

I believe I tried to warn everyone about this above.

Just to confirm you are seeing the same problem, what file types were affected in your library?

There is no easy way to compare two libraries. I think you might be wiser to revert to 12.0.404 and restore your backed up library, rather than trying to figure out what has changed.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2008, 08:50:34 am »

I believe I tried to warn everyone about this above.[...]
I got your warning! Only because of this I made a backup of my library (I normaly don't backup my library) before updating. But I didn't notice that I lost these library field content. So I only can restore the six-day-old Version of my library.

[...]Just to confirm you are seeing the same problem, what file types were affected in your library?[...]
ALL filetyps are affected! But the tag information has been only deleted in the library not in the file tags.

[...]There is no easy way to compare two libraries. I think you might be wiser to revert to 12.0.404 and restore your backed up library, rather than trying to figure out what has changed.
Well I stick with 410. I restored the six-days-old library backup. I hope I didn't change anything important the last six days...

JONCAT

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2008, 08:55:42 am »

Could be an isolated issue here, but I'm seeing .mkv playback/import broken. I can set associations but .mkv files that used to import and play fine no longer import. Via the tree, they just won't play.

I have CCCP installed, re-installed and re-registered Haali. FFDshow installed as usual on this system, playback was working prior to MC update; no other related video apps installed lately.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.410 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 2994 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1194 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K: _NEC    DVD+-RW ND-3450A  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive P:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive K: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-3450A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive P: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'Cea Photo Archive':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {B24B56B8-F58A-4837-B4F3-EDDB2507B8F3}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: \\ALICEA-PC\Public\Pictures\Photos\Images; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]

Device info dump for 'x61 Photo Archive':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {A43C508A-4030-44FC-BED7-901E3D709AFF}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: \\X61t\d\Photos\Images; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Playing Now

rjm

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2008, 11:06:46 am »

ALL filetyps are affected! But the tag information has been only deleted in the library not in the file tags.
Well I stick with 410. I restored the six-days-old library backup. I hope I didn't change anything important the last six days...

Given that all file types were affected, I suspect your problem is different than the one I observed. The problem I saw only changed fields for files that do not store tags internally, and then only if the field was originally empty. You might consider turning off background auto-import until the next release, just to be safe.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2008, 06:27:46 pm »

I'm still having problems with synching my iPod. The ratings on the iPod will overwrite the ratings in the MC database, as detailed here. This is a huge problem, because there's no way to figure out which files have been changed after syching!

shawtimothy

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2008, 02:57:33 am »

I would like to know if Media Center is compatible with the Mac OS, or will be. If not, how well does it run in a virtual windows shell on the Mac?

JONCAT

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2008, 07:45:49 am »

For MAC info, search here for Crossover Office, I haven't had much like, it will run but not very well.

MKV bug (?):

I discovered one mkv file in my library that would playback although two would not import or play via the tree. Only when I moved the files into a new folder were they discovered.

d:\Video Archive\Film\1.mkv was moved into a new sub-folder of Film, then everything suddenly worked.

Very strange that although MC could see the actual file locations via the tree that they would not play until moved.

DC

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2008, 12:16:08 pm »

Build 410 is not deleting files from my PC when I ask it to - they are still there in Windows explorer after completing the "delete" function. This could have been going on for some time in previous builds but I haven't noticed it before.

I can now refine this - files are deleted fine if they are in any folder other than the default location for storing my audio - in my case F:\MP3. If they are in that folder - or subfolders within that folder - files are not deleted from my PC.

I can now refine even further. Files are deleted from my PC if
a) they are not in my default location
b) or they are in the default location AND by deleting them no files are in a folder or subfolder within that location AND I click "yes" to the question "do you want to delete the empty folder..."

If they do NOT empty the folder OR I click "no" to the question about deleting the empty folde the files are not deleted from my PC. 

toeknee

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2008, 01:09:10 pm »

I like the new Larger thumbnail however I'm at a loss as to how it determines which graphic to display on the top of the stack.

Previously, I used the cover and as long as all files were for the same album, I got a nice thumb of the cover displayed. I scan all of the art for an album and now the stacks have various top graphics displayed. Sometimes it's the cover but mostly it's not. The stack is a nice feature only if it cycles as it does in other places. I use the Lg Thumb in a detail view so I can already see the different graphics I have for an album.

Been using MC for almost 2 years now and love it, this is my first post.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2008, 05:23:55 pm »

Citaat van: Berto op 14-01-2008, 00:55:40
Since this build (12.0.410) MC does not preserve changes of Brightness and Contrast in Skin Effects anymore. I have to alter these settings everytime I restart MC.

Update:
The problem still exists in build 414.

Update:
The problem still exists in build 416.

Citaat van: StFeder

I can confirm this for build 410 (using Vista & WinXP).

Why can't somebody of the JRiver team confirm this bug or tell that StFeder and I are the only ones who have this problem?

A day without laughing is a day without living

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2008, 06:36:47 pm »

I'm running 410 and if I set the brightness and restart MC, it remembers what I had set fine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2008, 11:40:23 am »

Why can't somebody of the JRiver team confirm this bug or tell that StFeder and I are the only ones who have this problem?

I did reply, and we can't reproduce it.

Could you describe the exact skin effects settings you're using?

I had another thought.  Are you using a locale that uses a comma as the decimal point (i.e. 3,14)?  If so, that may be the key.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2008, 12:15:07 pm »

I had another thought.  Are you using a locale that uses a comma as the decimal point (i.e. 3,14)?  If so, that may be the key.

Matt,

You did reply with "Are you sure you have 410?  This should have been fixed in build 408, and only applied to build 407." You didn't say that you could not reproduce it.
I use the skin Thunderstorm with no effect at all, just modified Brightness and Contrast settings.
What do you mean by using a locale? I'm not using anything else than in earlier builds, when Brightness and Contrast settings were preserved.

Update:
I downloaded and installed Media Center again but with no result!

Update:
Problem is solved with build 12.0.420
A day without laughing is a day without living

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2008, 06:45:58 pm »

I'm using MediaCenter with two PCs, one with Vista, one XP. On Sunday I had to reinstall XP. The effect bug stayed  :-\ I'm using noire on both machines. Skin effects like greyscale or add color are remembered correctly, but I have to set brightness and contrast everytime I restart MC.

Are you using a locale that uses a comma as the decimal point (i.e. 3,14)?
I guess you're talking about different languages. I use MCs standard language (English) so this shouldn't be the point. I just tried what happend, if I switch to german (which uses a comma): nothing changed.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2008, 11:31:04 pm »

In skin manager it would be nice to pick the theater view skin, too.

I tried lots of combinations of skins/effects/restarting techniques and the values always stick!  Do you have any unusual computer configuration settings?  Does MC crash or close unexpectedly and not save the values?

JONCAT

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2008, 12:11:31 am »

I'm using a virtual handheld to sync to a lsossy copy of my photo archive.

On the first run, the virtual handheld, of course, had no files, yet when I run the sync, about 1000 files are set as "Duplicate".

I'll take a closer look at these files, but it seems like a bug worth looking into.

The virtual handheld is a local folder

DC

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2008, 03:31:19 am »

In skin manager it would be nice to pick the theater view skin, too.

I tried lots of combinations of skins/effects/restarting techniques and the values always stick!  Do you have any unusual computer configuration settings?  Does MC crash or close unexpectedly and not save the values?
On my XP machine MC works as perfect as anybody could expect a application to work. At my Vista PC I sometimes run into trouble with JRWorker.exe which crashes occasionally. But I don't have any problems which prevents me of using MC in a normal way and I never had storing problems before...

I don't think having some strange configuration settings on both PCs.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2008, 01:31:44 pm »

I upgraded 4 PCs from 404 to 410 and I did not lose any of my Genre or Keywords or anything that I have noticed yet. I do not have comments on any of my files. Not sure what file type to check for sure but I have a mix of MP3, MP4, WMA, VOB, JPG, MPG, and AVI.

Win XP Pro and Home Operating systems.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2008, 02:27:22 pm »

Small issue relating to iPod coverart, I'm presuming that its probably related to the changes you made to the padding on the Classics-
On my 5.5G iPod, I'm getting something akin to white padding with a black border (Looks like a single pixel) on non-square coverart- The black border appears to be around the correct image size, but the image itself has been squashed & shifted to the right.
Never used to be like this, haven't synced for a few builds so I'm not sure when things started.

Would also appreciate someone looking in on the end of this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43511.0 - I've got issues with MC loosing internal coverart images.

Cheers

-Leezer-

rjm

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2008, 03:10:52 pm »

I upgraded 4 PCs from 404 to 410 and I did not lose any of my Genre or Keywords or anything that I have noticed yet. I do not have comments on any of my files. Not sure what file type to check for sure but I have a mix of MP3, MP4, WMA, VOB, JPG, MPG, and AVI.

Win XP Pro and Home Operating systems.

You should check file types that do not store tags internally: VOB, MPG, AVI, MP4?

And any of the fields Name, Album, Artist, Genre? that were not previously populated.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2008, 09:55:00 pm »

I checked my home systems agian based on the above file types and I did not lose any Artist, Genre or Keywords that would be stored in the DB.

mmlevin

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.404 - 0410 BUG REPORT
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2008, 06:53:54 pm »

When using upnp server under XP pro with D-Link DSM-520, streaming MPEG-2 videos (full length movies), there is a BUG with the "jump" command.  If you try to jump to a place in the movie that is more than about 40% or so from the beginning, the "time display" displays (correctly) as wherever you "jumped" to, but the actual video/audio stream begins from the start of the movie.  Example, a 2 hour movie is playing.  You tell it to "jump" to position 1:20:30.  The time display indicates that you are now at 1:20:30, and continues to increment, but the audio and video is actually displaying from the very beginning, as though you had gone to 0:00:00.

I have tried numerous movies, different DSM-520 units, etc.  The problem appears as though it is some sort of a variable overflow (perhaps) such as adding two numbers together which overflow a variable, setting the variable to zero (thus putting your video/audio strem back to start).  At the same time, the portion dealing with the "time display" continues to operate correctly, inasmuch as it must be using a different variable, which does not overflow.  But that's just my theory as to the cause.  The problem is very annoying because it makes the product unreliable, when I am delighted with it in virtually every other respect.

HELP, please.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Media Center 12.0.404 - 0410 BUG REPORT
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2008, 09:01:31 pm »

When using upnp server under XP pro with D-Link DSM-520, streaming MPEG-2 videos (full length movies), there is a BUG with the "jump" command.

I'll take a look tomorrow -- j

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2008, 02:42:35 am »

Hi,

On radio mode, the "next" item in the menu doesn't work (it's greyed). It's an issue for me as I use its shortcut (CTRL+N) with my remote.

Please note that it's not a new problem of this particular build.

Thanks

mmlevin

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.410: uPnP BUG when media file >2Gb
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2008, 10:22:29 am »

There is a bug when seeking or jumping using the uPnP server when file is > than 2,147,483,647 bytes (2Gb)
 (reposted in this thread)

Using uPnP server, with video files > 2Gb (which almost all feature length movies are, has the following bug:

The media player (in my case, D-Link DSM-520) displays the current position and the total length of the video.  When you direct it to "jump" to a position more than 2Gb from the start of the video, the timer displays correctly but the video jumps back to position 0, the very beginning.

I believe there is a 32 bit integer variable being used in MC12, which would have a range of -2,147,483,648 to +2,147,483,647.  When the upnp server is told to jump to a position > than 2,147,483,647 bytes into the media file, it overflows, and instead jumps back to position 0.  I think it should be an easy fix to use a 64 bit integer variable instead.

I really hope this bug gets fixed quickly, because I really like virtually everything else about this product and want to be able to use it for my home media system.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Media Center 12.0.410: uPnP BUG when media file >2Gb
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2008, 02:26:35 pm »

There is a bug when seeking or jumping using the uPnP server when file is > than 2,147,483,647 bytes (2Gb)
 (reposted in this thread)

Fixed in MC 12.0.422 (and higher). Nice debugging work. It turns out that seeking is done on the DSM using HTTP Ranges headers, and I was parsing these are 32 bit integers (made sense at the time...)

j
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up