INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bugs and suggestions..  (Read 807 times)

tmeekins

• Software Engineer
bugs and suggestions..
« on: August 09, 2002, 06:06:36 pm »

A few things...

1. I tried converting an album with "Convert File..." After the first song was complete, I cancelled the convert. The converted reverted back to my original mp3's just fine, however, the track is now missing from the database.

2. I quit MJ and forgot that I was in the middle of a CD rip. A message box warning me that a Rip was in progress would have been real nice. Starting ripping the CD again, but MJ doesn't remember how much has already been ripped. A nice feature would be to auto-check only the tracks that aren't in the database.

3. When I double-click on an album to play it, the "scroll" of the album list resets to the top of the view. Similarly, it would be nice if I could type the first letter of an artist / album and jump to that part of the list.

4. I really like being able to select all and do a global edit of the artist and ablum name. Sometimes I forget to unselect all and I edit the track name and accidentally rename all the tracks to be the same. Since I doubt anyone wants every track to have the same name, a warning would be useful. Even better, an undo edit would rock.

5. Hasn't happened recently, but sometimes when I pause playback and unpause again an hour later, MJ would crash. Happened much more frequently on the previous version, but I've done it once on the new version. However, I have paused/unpaused many times successfully, so it's hard to duplicate.

thanks.

info:

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.336
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1710 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 628 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

joe mama

RE:bugs and suggestions..
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 11:55:21 pm »

"Similarly, it would be nice if I could type the first letter of an artist / album and jump to that part of the list."

Yes, an easier way (other than scrolling) to navigate long lists of artists and albums would be great.

Also, making the "Copy Listening To" feature available from the System Tray icon.

Rob

Listening to: 'Sleepwalk' from 'Vienna' by 'Ultravox' on Media Jukebox

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 11:25:34 pm »

Typed list and tree navigation are available in Media Jukebox 8.  The list always searches the sort column.  Quick Search (Ctrl|PLS|Q) is pretty handy too.

Undo will be built into Media Jukebox 9.

As for the other ideas, they're all good.  Remind us once MJ 9 goes to beta if they aren't there and we'll figure something out.

Thanks.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CL GIlbert

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2002, 03:40:00 pm »

Yea, there are some real issues with pause.  Its generally unstable to use it in my experience.

MJ crashes with BSoD on my win98 box whenever I try to rip.  But its a via chipset and I will never buy another...Perhaps I have some bad ram or something because win2K does not even work on that box, but linux and win98 are cool.

Its amazing how MJ8 is prime to be stuffed with excellent features for MJ9.  MJ9 is probably going to be mostly a feature upgrade.  As long as they dont go insane and totally change the user interface to some XPish junk, well be cool!

Can I buy stock in the parent company?

cjdshaw

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 05:22:36 pm »

> 3. When I double-click on an album to play it, the "scroll" of the album list resets to the top of the view. Similarly, it would be nice if I could type the first letter of an artist / album and jump to that part of the list.

Typing the first few letters to select an artist album works OK for me. You have to have keyboard focus in the list you want to search though.

For the jumping to the top of the view, do you have "Jump to Playing Now" turned on? You'll find it under Options->General->Behaviour. Turn this off and the tree view should stay where it was.
Pages: [1]   Go Up