INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorder unable to pickup computer cd player.  (Read 658 times)

buckey

• Recent member
Recorder unable to pickup computer cd player.
« on: August 09, 2002, 05:22:17 pm »

I am recording my tapes and LPs through a Yamaha DS1 sound card and Media Jukebox is working well,  but when I try to write some music to file from a CD, the Recorder isn't getting any sound. I can hear sound through the speakers and know it is from Yamaha sound card since vol. will adjust it. I have analog, not digital checked on CD, which is an Artec 20/10/40. Soundcard is processing signal, Media Jukebox lists tracks, and will start a track playing with music coming out of speakers-- but when I go to Recorder, and check auto for sound check it finally gives me message, no sound. I am using XP and an AMD 1.7 processor with 512MB memory. Any suggestions?

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
RE:Recorder unable to pickup computer cd player.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 05:43:16 pm »

Have a look at the MJ User Guide (Here)

buckey

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 07:37:02 pm »

For Fastyves. Thanks for your help. I got it on the harddrive. Now I want to play them and do a better job on breaking the big tracks into single individual song tracks.

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 08:20:01 pm »

Why not turn digital audio extraction on use MJ's built in rip functions instead of going through the recorder?
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

buckey

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 03:55:56 pm »

Bear with me. Need I say I am a newbie. Now that I have the tracks on my library I need to play them and break them up into individual song tracks. When I originaly burned them some years ago using Easy CD creator it did not pick up the break between each song. I went directly from LP to burn which in hind sight was a mistake.  For example my track one has at least 4 different songs on it and one of the other 4 tracks has multiple songs. I probably need to manually put in the breaks hence I thought using recorder would be the easiest. I can play the tracks in my library but recorder doesn't hear it when I select that and do a sound check. Thanks for you help. Buckey
Pages: [1]   Go Up