INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Direction for MC Image Management  (Read 7568 times)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Re: Direction for MC Image Management
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »

if anyone else feels that this might be useful, say so here, now, or forever hold your peace!!

Here here

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 01:41:30 am »

I'd prefer if it didn't auto import them on double click but instead opened MC in its 'My Computer' view in the current folder and let me browse them as you suggested instantly from that location using next and previous.

darichman - just have a button next to the 'tack' that was a X to allow you to close the panes - beautiful :)
I use auto-hide in so many app's I guess I'm used to it.
I just LOVE the ability to get maximum working space as well as quick and easy, immediate accessibility to the tasks and actions I need.

As I've mentioned before, I also have this problem when opening images from explorer (i.e. it sends only the one double clicked file to playing now , but not the rest) , so browsing using the fullscreen viewer is not possible.
 I think Johnnyboy's idea to open it up in "my Computer" view is a possible solution, but I still feel that if one double clicks an image in explorer, it should handle it the same way as if double clicking it in MC, ...sending the whole folder of images from which the image was double clicked, to playing now (which then alolows browsing with the fullscreen viewer).
And then in addition, open MC at MC's "my computer view", so that when the fullscreen viewer is closed, the users location in MC is at the same point where he/she left explorer.

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2008, 10:12:07 am »

As I've mentioned before, I also have this problem when opening images from explorer (i.e. it sends only the one double clicked file to playing now , but not the rest) , so browsing using the fullscreen viewer is not possible.
 I think Johnnyboy's idea to open it up in "my Computer" view is a possible solution, but I still feel that if one double clicks an image in explorer, it should handle it the same way as if double clicking it in MC, ...sending the whole folder of images from which the image was double clicked, to playing now (which then alolows browsing with the fullscreen viewer).
And then in addition, open MC at MC's "my computer view", so that when the fullscreen viewer is closed, the users location in MC is at the same point where he/she left explorer.

I completely agree!  This is identical to what I suggested...

-John

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2008, 01:57:03 am »

I completely agree!  This is identical to what I suggested...

-John

I'm confused as to why MC does not allow this, for this is the only reason I do not associate all my image files with MC.
By opening the whole folder(the folder of which file was double-clicked in explorer) in Playing Now, it will then allow browsing, similar to if it were double clicked form within MC.
For anyone who'd not be interested in browsing further, nothing would be different really. They'd just close the fullscreen viewer the way they'd normally do it, and continue as normal.

Is there any technical reason maybe or other, why MC wouldn't be able to do this?

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
Re: Direction for MC Image Management
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21:49 am »

Hi there

Can someone from MC please answer my question above. I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed ?

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up