INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppauge WinTV, PCTV, and other BT8xx based TV users  (Read 922 times)

Yaobing

Hauppauge WinTV, PCTV, and other BT8xx based TV users
« on: August 09, 2002, 12:47:51 pm »

If you like to test a new build of TV component, please email me at yaobing @ jriver.com

I will email you the component.

I have tried it here with a PCTV PRO card and WDM driver downloaded from here, and it works on my machine.

Hauppauge WinTV users and ATI TV Wonder users should use drivers from Hauppauge and ATI respectively. Other BT8xx card users can try the driver from the above link.

Hauppauge WinTV card users, please let me know if this fixes the problem of not being able to start TV with recent builds of MJ.

Yaobing

RE:Hauppauge WinTV, PCTV, and other BT8xx based TV users
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 12:52:47 pm »

Oh, how do I edit my own post?

downloaded from her,

I meant downloaded from here,

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 01:12:39 pm »

so it shall be, the forum god has spoken
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Erik|PLS|Jan

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2002, 12:12:46 pm »

TV WORKS ONCE AGAIN!

I've got a Hauppauge WinTV card and it worked fine with MJ in version 293. However when I upgraded to 314 (and ever since, including version 346) TV wouldn't start: Cannot run preview graph.
With this new component TV works again.

Yaobing

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2002, 04:08:45 am »

That is good news. I will submit the component to Nikolay so it will be included in the next release.

The reason for it not to work in the last few releases is that I tried to render closed captioning by default, and WinTV and the generic WDM drivers do not do closed captioning properly. Now if you go to Configure TV dialog window and try to check the "Closed Caption" box, it will most likely not work. To get TV back to work if this happens, just close MJ and restart. You will have to do without using Closed Captioning, as you did in MJ build 293 and before, since this is a driver limitation that I do not yet have a fix.

Yaobing

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2002, 03:37:48 am »

MJTVControl.DLL version 2.2.86 is now included in MJ 8.0.347. You no longer need to get it from me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up