INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am going to buy a HAUPPAUGE WinTV-HVR-1800. Does it work with MC12?  (Read 1935 times)

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

I have just had a cable connection installed into my home office, so am going to buy a tuner card.  The Hauppauge looks to be the best card available, and it comes with both an analog tuner and over-the-air digital tuner.  I don't see it in the sticky as a supported card, but Hauppauge WinTV (no version number) is listed.  The 1800 is exactly the same as the 1600, except it is a PCI-E card.  Will this card work in MC12?  I searched in the forum, but I didn't see any other people asking.  I am not committed to this particular card, but it does look to be the best one available for a reasonable price (119 bucks with the remote).

I picked this one in particular because it fully supports Vista x64 (which I have not yet installed but have beside me), and it simply appears to be the latest Hauppauge offering.  The difference between this card and the lowest end card is only about 50 bucks, so I may as well go with this one.

Does it work with MC12?

Thanks,
DD.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Am going to buy a HAUPPAUGE WinTV-HVR-1800. Does it work with MC12?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:16:04 pm »

I have the 1600 and I think Yaobing is adding a fix for the card.  I sent my MC log through email.  It works moderately well with a few minor issues.  I'd say wait until the fix is added and I can give you more detailed info on it then.  The worst feeling is buying a card (such as a TV tuner) and finding out it doesn't work with MC.  I went through 3+ cards.  Turns out some of my issues may have been system based and not MC based, though, so MC's support probably is better than I was experiencing in my case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up