INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP - Firmware 1.1 on Classic 160 and iTunes 7.6 - MC 12.404 NO GO  (Read 1894 times)

ScottCocoaBeach

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile

It looks like the latest version of iTunes 7.6 and possibly my firmware update to 1.1 on Ipod Classic broke Media Center - Media Center gives an error message about the format for storing files being different.  I wish I had known this before I updated because now I think I am out of luck until you guys can release a fix.  PLEASE HELP!  I have no songs on my ipod now because I accidentally did a synch with iTunes which wiped everything out and now I can't reload it.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HELP - Firmware 1.1 on Classic 160 and iTunes 7.6 - MC 12.404 NO GO
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 07:01:06 pm »

Wow -- that's a nasty update.  Thanks for reporting this, which will help others avoid a similar situation.

Did you happen to notice anything about what the new iPod firmware fixes?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 07:18:22 pm »

Scott,

I was just looking around for more information on this update, and even though there are positive reports, there are also LOTS of people complaining.  I also read several posts saying that they reverted to 1.0.3 and their problems went away.  I'm not sure how you would do this, but apparently it IS possible, so you might want to look into this, or perhaps take it to an apple store and ask them to do it there -- although my experience with apple stores is that they really don't know much beyond the VERY basics, so they may not help in this regard.  If you did downgrade your iPod back to the previous firmware, you would at least be able to go back to using MC to sync while JR took a look at the new update.

Please let us know what happens,

Larry

ScottCocoaBeach

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 08:16:14 pm »

Thanks - I found an old version of iTunes ver 7.5 and uninstalled ver 7.6 and then installed 7.5.  I did a sync for the very few songs (about 5) and some videos I downloaded.  I then checked these and they were fine.  So I synched some music and videos with Media Center and there was no cover art and some videos from iTunes dissapeared and I had about 135MB's of "other" showing on the ipod so something wasn't working quite right.

I then went into MC and reset the ipod and added my ipod folder to MC.  I synched with MC and it pulled in everything okay including cover art and my songs and video from my itunes folder.  I am still on the 1.1 firmware but it's good to know there may be a way to go back if needed.  I just got the iPod recently so I am curious to know if I should be able to synch items from itunes such as videos, podcasts and perhaps most importantly games if I decide to buy any but do the rest in MC.  Right now it seems that any synching I try with iTunes and MC results in problems.

Thanks for the help.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 08:27:30 pm »

Right now it seems that any synching I try with iTunes and MC results in problems.

I had similar experience recently -- I ended up having to just initialize in MC and re-sync from there.  I'm not clear if these issues were ever fixed with a new MC build -- I didn't have time to test it (the test would result in numerous hours of resyncing if it didn't work.)

One thing that I definitely WOULD suggest is that you update to the latest version of MC.  You're currently using 404, but there have been several new builds since then.

Larry

Lossless Dave

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 01:22:20 pm »

I'm using 410.  I still get the "old/wrong format" error message.

Cheers

Lossless

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 03:03:48 pm »

I have Firmware 1.1 on Classic 160 and MC12 is working just fine for me. I did have to reinitialize the ipod and resync all the data from MC but I did not have any issue with it after I did that.

Osho

SwellGuy

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 04:47:03 pm »

MC build 12.0.421 is compatible with the latest iTunes DB which should be available for public consumption in a day or two.

enigman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • thinking...
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 05:07:12 am »

1.1 is working fine for me under build 404 - I got the error message, but it still works okay.  I'm just managing the library through MC - I only use iTunes for updates and stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up