INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ffdshow and Videos Cut In Half  (Read 1307 times)

20khz

Ffdshow and Videos Cut In Half
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:11:52 pm »

I have a weird problem.  All of my videos are cut in half. This happens regardless of the file type. I am currently using the Vista Codec package. The picture is normal when I use the Windows Media Player Engine, which makes me think it is a ffdshow problem.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work. BTW, this all happened after I uninstalled and then reinstalled Media Center 12. Does anyone know how to fix this?

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ffdshow and Videos Cut In Half
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:51:14 pm »

While the video's playing, right-click and take a look at the ffdshow settings under "DirectShow Filters..." Make sure there's no cropping or resizing going on. It sounds like there's some weired post-processing enabled. Also, press the "a" key to cycle MC aspect ratios. What effect does that have?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ffdshow and Videos Cut In Half
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 08:43:56 am »

Also... I'm not sure which Vista Codec Pack you're using, but if it is the one made by the Shark007 guy, it looks like it might include a whole bunch of stuff you don't need, some things that are known to cause problems if not properly configured (DirectVobSub), and some stuff that I know is badly outdated (CoreVorbis).

I too would guess that FFDSHOW has some sort of cropping applied.  Check all of the default settings.  If you can't get it, I'd strongly recommend that you remove the Vista Codec Pack and use CCCP instead.  It doesn't include quite as much "out of the box" but what it does is very well supported (including Vista 64).  And for that it doesn't, there are easy-to-use standalone filters.

Check out this: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide#What_filters_do_I_need_and_where_do_I_get_them.3F
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up