INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you rip dvd's  (Read 992 times)

cdrmaker

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
how do you rip dvd's
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:10:17 pm »

on the download page for mc12, in the whats new in mc12  it says "More DVD support, including ripping of unprotected DVD discs, selection of filters, color controls, and many other video playback enhancements". how do you do this? when i try to rip a dvd it locks up mc12. is this feature available yet?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: how do you rip dvd's
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:58:27 pm »

I haven't used this feature in a long while.  To be clear, it only works on non-protected DVDs, which is almost NO commercially available DVD discs from the MPAA studios (almost all of which are encrypted with CSS).  Still shouldn't be locking up though... Perhaps someone can comment who has used it in MC recently...

I use DVD Fab Decrypter for ripping DVDs.  It works quite well and does handle CSS-protected DVDs without issue.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: how do you rip dvd's
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 01:06:29 pm »

Glynor, while we are on this topic I would appreciate some advice...

I am not well educated on audio formats (all my systems at home are only 2 channel).

When ripping a DVD that has both 5.1 Dolby and 2 channel Dolby is there ever a good reason to keep both audio tracks or is the best decision to only keep the 5.1 audio? (thus minimizing the video compression).
Pages: [1]   Go Up