INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug seeking or jumping when file is > than 2,147,483,647 bytes (2Gb)  (Read 1072 times)

mmlevin

• Junior Woodchuck

I've narrowed this bug down, previously posted in the 12.0.410 forum.  This is more succinct.

Using uPnP server, with video files > 2Gb (which almost all feature length movies are, has the following bug:

The media player (in my case, D-Link DSM-520) displays the current position and the total length of the video.  When you direct it to "jump" to a position more than 2Gb from the start of the video, the timer displays correctly but the video jumps back to position 0, the very beginning.

I believe there is a 32 bit integer variable being used, which would have a range of anywhere from -2,147,483,648 to +2,147,483,647.  When the upnp server is told to jump to a position > than 2,147,483,647 bytes into the media file, it overflows, and instead jumps back to position 0.  I think it should be an easy fix to use a 64 bit integer variable instead, which would make it virtually impossible to not be sufficiently large a number for any foreseeable media file.

Anyway, that's my opinion as to the problem.  I really hope it gets fixed quickly, because I really like virtually everything else about this product and want to be able to use it for my home media system.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bug seeking or jumping when file is > than 2,147,483,647 bytes (2Gb)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:06:20 am »

Please post bugs in the build thread, near the top of the MC12 board.  Try the current build before posting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up