INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why mpeg files from Videoredo won't work in MC 12?  (Read 1730 times)

Sudin36

• Recent member
Why mpeg files from Videoredo won't work in MC 12?
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:35:00 am »

I used Videoredo to remove commericals from my files.    The orginal file works in MC12.  However, the save as file (which is mpeg) doesn't work in MC 12.  I can hear sound but I can't see any picture.  The file does work with VLC.  I use the recommended CCCP codecs.  Also, iIf I saved the file as TS it works okay.  However, I would like to have the file saved as mpeg.  Is there any help for this problem?  Thanks.

pvrholly

Re: Why mpeg files from Videoredo won't work in MC 12?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:37:49 am »

I suggest you go over to the VideoReDo site and ask on their forum... I'm sure they will let you know

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:45:49 am »

I used Videoredo to remove commericals from my files.    The orginal file works in MC12.  However, the save as file (which is mpeg) doesn't work in MC 12.  I can hear sound but I can't see any picture.  The file does work with VLC.  I use the recommended CCCP codecs.  Also, iIf I saved the file as TS it works okay.  However, I would like to have the file saved as mpeg.  Is there any help for this problem?  Thanks.

Perhaps the DirectShow filters that you use can not handle the particular video format that Videoredo uses. VLC does not use DirectShow filters. Do the files play in Windows Media Player?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Sudin36

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:04:20 pm »

Yes, the files play okay in Windows Media Player. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:24:17 pm »

While a file is loaded in WMP, you can take a look at its properties in WMP, and find out what audio and video codecs WMP uses. You can try telling MC to use the same filters.

Sudin36

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 11:38:31 pm »

The  file is a saved movie that I copied off of my VDR from my cable company using the drivers capvhs.  The file plays okay on everything with the commerials.  However, once editted with Videoredo to a mpeg file it doesn't play on MC12.   Saved as, ts it plays okay too. I wasn't able to find out which codecs the Media Player 11 is using.  How can I find out?  Also, where do I changed the codecs in MC12?  Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 09:36:30 am »

While playing a video in WMP, right click the video title under Now Playing, and choose "Properties". On the File tab of the Properties window, there are entries like these:

Audio Codec: FFDShow Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder

In other words, it lists the audio and video decoder filters it uses.

In MC, go to Tools -> Options -> Playback -> DirectShow Playback Settings...

On the right-hand side of the window is a list of file types played in DirectShow. Select the file extension of your file (mpg or mpeg) and click "Select Filters" button. For MPEG files, you most likely do not need to choose any "Source Filter". You choose your audio and video decoder filters from the "Other Filters" list. You can also try unchecking "JRiver Bitrate Monitor" from that list and see if that makes any difference.

Sudin36

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 09:57:06 pm »

Thanks,  I was able to locate the filters the WMP was using (LigosMPEG) and added them to MC12.  It works however, the picture doesn't move as smoothly as it does with in WMP or as it did in MC12 before the exclusion of the commericals.  Is there another suggested filter I could use instead of LigosMPEG?   I also noticed that the files that I previous converted to 'ts' doesn't show up in the Theater mode menu.  Thanks for your help.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 04:19:57 am »

Thanks,  I was able to locate the filters the WMP was using (LigosMPEG) and added them to MC12.  It works however, the picture doesn't move as smoothly as it does with in WMP or as it did in MC12 before the exclusion of the commericals.  Is there another suggested filter I could use instead of LigosMPEG?

The LigosMPEG filter is new to me. Do you have any idea what program installed it?

In general, if WMP can play the files without problems MC should be able to do the same, but possibly the currently used filter chain is not identical to what WMP uses.

I have used the Gabest MPV Decoder v.1.0.0.4 filter from the DirectShow Filter Pack for MPEG2 decoding. On my system it seems to work better than the filter in CCCP's FFDShow. If you want to try it install only the MPV filter and  perhaps also the Gabest MPEG Splitter filter from the package. (I wouldn't recommend installing all included filters without knowing exactly what you are doing.)

I also noticed that the files that I previous converted to 'ts' doesn't show up in the Theater mode menu.

Is the filename extension .ts instead of mpg or mpeg? What is the value in the Media Type library field? If it is "Document" the files are not handled as video.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up