INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Views not working right after latest update  (Read 1443 times)

mlagase

• World Citizen
Views not working right after latest update
« on: January 29, 2008, 04:24:40 am »

Up until the latest update, my views were working the way I liked them, but now, I can't seem to get this to be viewed the way I had it previously.

For example, when I click on Audio, I have a detail view setup in which contains Genre/Album Artist(auto), and then album. I then customize the current view to show Image (Large thumbnail), move it to the top and remove the small thumbnail. I then group them by album which used to show the artist alphabetically in this grouping, but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to group by album and sort by artist.

Is there something I am missing here?

mlagase

• World Citizen
Re: Views not working right after latest update
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 05:43:51 am »

Anyone else seeing this?

All I want to do is to sort by Artist and Group them by Album, but the Album grouping takes precendence over the Artist listing. This did not happen in a previous build.

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 09:52:53 pm »

Still happening with the 428 build which I believe is the latest

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:07:21 pm »

There's something magically strange about group by album. Try this. First turn off grouping. Then turn on group by Album (year). Then turn off grouping. Then turn on group by Album.

This sequence cleaned everything up for me.

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:52:55 pm »

As you can see, If I enable Album Grouping, it does not enable the ability to sort by Artist which is what I want.

Is there a way to do this?

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 10:59:52 pm »

When you sort by Artist with Album grouping, MC has to choose one artist for each album. When all the artists in an album are the same then it is straight forward. When there is more than one artist in an album, MC defines the artist as (Multiple Artists) which gets displayed in the group as Various Artists.

Both of your albums have multiple artists so MC is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:11:31 am »

Yeah, Mc lists Multiple Artist albums first because it's sorting by Album Artist (auto) ultimately because it is grouping by album and keeping them "together" means looking at Album Artist (auto)/Album Artist.

it won't work here but to avoid having multi albums listed first I used the description field to tag a, aa, aaa, z, zz, zzz to set various groups so that I can order all multi (e.g. Jamaican Multiple Artist, Multiple Artist) albums at the end of Tile view in order to "clean" it up a bit and maintain an orderly Album tile view.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up