INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Command Line to Reset Recently Played  (Read 583 times)

Scronch

Command Line to Reset Recently Played
« on: August 08, 2002, 09:05:41 am »

Nikolay -

Another command line request (sorry):  I'd like to be able to reset (clear) the Recently Played list with a command line command.  I use Recently Played along with Not Last Played: <999999 in smartlists to avoid repeating songs.  Now and then, I need to reset Recently Played, or one of the smartlists doesn't yield enough songs to fill the required time (they are loaded as scheduled tasks).  So it'd be great if I could schedule a task that would occasionally reset Recently Played.  No giant hurry on this, I just thought if it wasn't too involved it'd be a nice thing to drop in.

On a more complicated note, will there ever be any sort of logical command support?  I realize the if-then types of statements are available outside MJ, in whatever coding is being used, but the data to operate on would need to be available.  Using the above scenario as an example, I could envision something like:

if time-length(smartlist A) < 180 minutes
then Reset Recently Played

There are lots of other useful things that could be done with logical commands outside MJ.  Kind of a long-term, blue sky sort of thing, I understand.

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up