INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trackinfo and YEAR  (Read 1080 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Trackinfo and YEAR
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:09:10 am »

I've been revisiting my trackinfo skin and noticed again that it's impossible to get just 'Date (Year)' into the display... eg I want to display something like:

Album (Year)

eg:

OK Computer (1997)

But it's currently impossible as the TRACKINFO_INSERT_YEAR pulls the entire contents of the 'date' field and neither TrackInfo_Insert(Date (year)) nor TrackInfo_Insert(Year) works either.

Can we get an update so that we can pull in the individual parts of the date field or at least have TRACKINFO_INSERT_YEAR only pull out the Date (year) from Date...

Many thanks,

Mark

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Trackinfo and YEAR
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:47:15 am »

I am wondering why it is not possible to have ALL library fields as an trackinfo and/or visualization variable. I'd like to use the comment field in visualization ...and perhaps some others ;) But I only can use the comment field in trackinfo pages. I got it working to use a trackinfopage for all my needs in the end.

...but I'm still wondering  ?

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:08:30 am »

I am wondering why it is not possible to have ALL library fields as an trackinfo and/or visualization variable. I'd like to use the comment field in visualization ...and perhaps some others Wink But I only can use the comment field in trackinfo pages. I got it working to use a trackinfopage for all my needs in the end.

Doesn't TrackInfo_Insert(field name) work for you? You should be able to insert any field you like that way
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Track_Info_Template_SDK

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:10:04 am »

See above  ?

Mark

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 11:16:51 am »

Sorry Mark, that was a reply to StFeder [edited above post to show this]

Try setting the day field to 0 http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44465.0 and see how you go

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 01:27:55 pm »

@Mark:
Sorry, I missunderstood your post completly. So my first post is completly missplaced  ::) Please excuse me for this. Looks as if I should update my enlish a bit...
Pages: [1]   Go Up