INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So the New Pink Nano???  (Read 1150 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
So the New Pink Nano???
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:30:55 am »

Just as I was anticipating, Apple released a new Nano color (recently) and my sister who has the green Nano is just dying to have it.  Her old Nano was pink and of course every girl wants the pink one.  Her case is even green so then it would all "match."  Anyone else upset by this?  I know it is a brilliant move by Apple but of course now that means more sales as people sell their old ones (for a lower price) and buy the new one...essentially paying a color switch tax of $20-$50 or more.  I guess you get a new one but it gets annoying when companies deliberately do this...just like when an artist re-releases a CD with a few more gotta have tracks.  That really Grinds My Gears!

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: So the New Pink Nano???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:49:20 am »

Why not get a pink case for the green Nano?  I've seen pink and green shown together.

Apple has been playing "color games" with various iPods for awhile now.  I agree that they do this to boost sales, but nobody is forced to run out and buy the new color.  I can understand why people would want to upgrade when a new generation comes out and the new features are desireable.  However, even then, you have to ask yourself, "Is it really necessary to replace my perfectly serviceable iPod with a new one"?

Having the latest "style" has been part of the iPod cachet, something I have trouble understanding because I'm not in that demographic.  This applies to cell phones too.  My daughter pointed out to me all of the Verizon cell phones on the show Gossip Girl, a program sponsor.  I told her how many years ago, cigarette companies advertised on TV and showed people smoking on shows -- to get you hooked.  In my mind, what Verizon is doing is almost the same.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: So the New Pink Nano???
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 01:14:07 pm »

Yep.

She has a pink case already with her green Nano.  I doubt she will actually get the new one.  But a small upgrade price (if she sold the old one) wouldn't be insane.  I'm afraid for the day they release a 16GB iPhone cause I'll probably have to get that.  Of course I'm used to spending ~$600 on portables as I've had two iPaqs that cost that (3835 & HX4700).
Pages: [1]   Go Up