INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View caption expression help needed  (Read 781 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View caption expression help needed
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:27:30 am »

I've been looking my self blind on this expression. Maby some of you can see the problem.
Have split the expression into 5 lines, based on Media/Video type so you can get a better overview.

Audio, Series and Music Video caption works but the rest just get 1's and 0's. So the problem might be on line 3 or 4, or below.

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] - [Artist] - /([Album]/)   //   Rating: [Rating],
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Series),If(IsEmpty([Name]),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/) - [Name]),
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Music Videos),If(IsEmpty([Artists]),[Artist] - [Name],[Artists] - [Name]),
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Conserts),[Artist] - [Name],
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Standup),If(IsEmpty([Season]),[Name]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),[Name] - S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),[Name]))))

Appreciate any help I can get!
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View caption expression help needed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 11:23:03 am »

Line 5 has 2 if() functions, the first one asks, "if it's not audio, series,music vid or consert, is it standup?" and the second on says, if it's standup, do one thing or the other depending on the contents of [season]. the end of that season if() question has no closing bracket, and I'm also pretty sure there's a closing bracket short at the end too.
Try the one below and see if that works any better, changes highlighted in red:

If(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] - [Artist] - /([Album]/)   //   Rating: [Rating],
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Series),If(IsEmpty([Name]),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/) - [Name]),
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Music Videos),If(IsEmpty([Artists]),[Artist] - [Name],[Artists] - [Name]),
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Conserts),[Artist] - [Name],
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Standup),If(IsEmpty([Season]),[Name]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),[Name] - S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/)),[Name])))))

-marko.

MrHaugen

Re: Theater View caption expression help needed
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:28:21 pm »

That did the trick.
Thanks Marko
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up